Tiddles123's Content

There have been 19 items by Tiddles123 (Search limited from 18-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67914 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on Today, 05:17 AM in Hibernation

Winds down that should say...

#67913 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on Today, 05:16 AM in Hibernation

Hi just wondering would I worm tiddles before his so d Down? He was outdoors for a time this year. Thanks Amanda

#67912 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 14 October 2017 - 05:18 AM in Hibernation

Hi no the stand isn't broken it's just in the pic of the stand it shows the lamp holder having a metal wire coming from the ceramic to hang it onto the stand but mine doesn't have this as it came with a clamp. I will take a pic when I turn the light on. Amanda

#67909 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 13 October 2017 - 06:39 PM in Hibernation

So the torts are now separate and things seem to be going well.
The stand kind of three me because what are you supposed to hang the lamp holder from. It didn't come with a hook attached like in the pic so finding it hard getting the temps right. Any ideas would be greatly welcome.
Thanks
Amanda

#67908 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 10 October 2017 - 05:26 PM in Hibernation

Great news they have arrived. The temp enclosure is smaller will that b ok for tiddles 😊

#67907 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 10 October 2017 - 05:10 AM in Hibernation

Thanks Karen. Yeah the enclosure is in the living room. So I will move tiddles. No I'm not on face book unfortunately but my husband is so could maybe get onto his for this group. The stand and bulb holder are on their way would a brick outhouse be too cold? Thanks Amanda

#67904 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 09 October 2017 - 01:00 PM in Hibernation

Hi I've got it set up just waiting for the light holder and stand to arrive so should be any day now. Also I don't know if I've asked before but should I put the little one into the temp enclosure until tiddles hibernate or move tiddles for wind down?
Thanks Amanda

#67890 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 28 September 2017 - 05:34 AM in Hibernation

Ok great, thanks for your help it is much appreciated.
I am hoping the little one does catch up. She seemed to like being outdoors in the Summer.
Amanda

#67888 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 27 September 2017 - 07:59 PM in Hibernation

Hi Karen. When will i start wind down then? the beginning of Dec or earlier?
Amanda

#67887 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 27 September 2017 - 05:21 PM in Hibernation

I will do thanks Karen. Yes the little one does seem intimidate by the big one but they were the same size when I got them. I'm hoping she thrives while alone and then I can see how I manage with 2 enclosures until hibernation.
I must say the last thing I want is to have to rehome one but if it's best for them then I will. I'm just hopeful that things settle. Thanks Again Amanda

#67885 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 27 September 2017 - 04:04 PM in Hibernation

Yeah I know. I'm just don't understand what the problem is with them and why they just don't seem to thrive together.
Anyway I will get there hopefully.
Amanda

#67883 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 27 September 2017 - 03:25 PM in Hibernation

I'm not sure how long would you recommend wasn't sure whether to do 8 weeks or 12. The little one is tiny around 33 grams she doesn't seem to thrive like tiddles. She is the same age too maybe a month younger. Hopefully she will do well once tiddles is hibernating as if not I maý have to think about rehoming one as I literally don't have the space to house 2 separate enclosures indoors. I have plenty of room outside but unfortunately not inside. But im really shoping it doesnt come to that as i love them both. Thanks Amanda

#67881 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 27 September 2017 - 04:52 AM in Hibernation

Ok thanks. Tiddles is around 120 g so rather big for his age as he is really greedy and stops the smaller one from eating. I put them outdoors for Summer but Tiddles spent most of his time hiding inside.
How long wind down should I do him. Yes I will be separating them and I have my fridge here ready. I'm going to move him asap to get used to the new enclosure.
I was reading something where someone said start reducing from the 12 hours heat and gradually go down to none but I've always gone with the natural day light hours so how would I start as now they are on from around 7 until 4.30 ish which is when they both dig down anyway.
Thanks for your help.
Amanda.

#67879 Hibernating My 3 Year Old Tortoise

Posted by Tiddles123 on 26 September 2017 - 08:30 PM in Hibernation

Hi my 2, three year old tortoises currently live in their indoor enclosure which is in my living room. Due to events I am only going to hibernate the much bigger of the 2 and I will start wind down in October. I was just wondering if I should move the bigger one to somewhere cooler to begin wind down as now it's getting cooler we are using the central heating more in the house. I have an out house would this be better for him?
Thanks

#67134 My 2 Babies Tiddles And Thomas

Posted by Tiddles123 on 15 November 2016 - 07:10 PM in Photo Gallery

Thanks Karen x

#67130 My 2 Babies Tiddles And Thomas

Posted by Tiddles123 on 15 November 2016 - 05:05 AM in Photo Gallery

These are my 2 hermanns hatchlings. They are my first tortoises and from the same breeder. I've had them for around a year now and they are both such characters, we have had some dominance issues which seem to be settling down now hopefully.
Amanda

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161114_095621.jpg

#67123 Mega Ray Bulb

Posted by Tiddles123 on 14 November 2016 - 04:55 AM in Hermann Tortoise

Thanks Karen I will order one now . The uvb tubes and 100w spot bulbs had only been lasting a couple of months for some reason so that will be much better.x

#67120 Mega Ray Bulb

Posted by Tiddles123 on 13 November 2016 - 06:25 PM in Hermann Tortoise

Excellent thanks for your help. At the minute I have them separate the uvb and spot light. How long do they usually last.
Amanda

#67117 Mega Ray Bulb

Posted by Tiddles123 on 13 November 2016 - 04:15 PM in Hermann Tortoise

Hi just wondering which megaray bulb is best for hermanns hatchling. Is the 100w ok and will it just go into my ceramic reflector bulb holder?
Thanks Amanda