New babes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

So I am hearing on the site wonderful news of new hatchlings.... And don't they just make you 'want one' but on a practicle note.... Do you keep them or rehome them.. And if re homed how does that happen. And if kept.... How hard is that?? X x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

:lol: hi stellanne, as you know i have 3 babies at the moment. i havent decided what im doing with mine yet, but i have had a few people ask if im selling can they buy one. some i have put off because i didnt like the idea of them owning one. others i have said i will keep them in mind.

if you had babies and decided to sell them you could always put an add on the tortoise forum.
hope this helps....tiggy

#3 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

just reread your post. how hard is it????????the first couple of weeks i was worried, because they keep flipping over, but once this stage is out of the way its easy..and its lovely to watch them wandering around. i could watch them for hours. its stressful but well worth it....tiggy :wub: :wub: :wub:

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hi Tiggy, that is half the problem isn't it.... Finding new homes.... Because your heart wants to keep them... Like children.... Bruce .... as a man can you separate those emotional ties. X x x hugs x

#5 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hi Stellanne

It is very difficult when they first hatch as you feel the need to constantly watch them. Regarding what you do with them once they have hatched I was lucky and had only 2 hatch from my first clutch so decided to keep those so named them straight away.. When the other 4 hatched from the 2nd batch I didn't name them and I could have sold them ten times over to genuine tortoise lovers. I was very choosy and turned down loads of people who expressed an interest and in the end I sold 2 to a good friend who is a real animal lover and 2 to a lovely girl who had posted on this website as she was looking for a tort.. I then ensured I saw their full set up and sat them down and went into fine details with them eg what they can eat etc..

I cried my eyes out when they went but I do chase them up constantly for updates and pictures and even had 2 of them back to look after while my friend went on holiday..

I work full time but once they are hatched there is no rush to sell them on.. and to be honest with you 2,4 or 6 it doesn't mean any more work really..

Hope this helps

Jeanette x

#6 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi Tiggy, that is half the problem isn't it.... Finding new homes.... Because your heart wants to keep them... Like children.... Bruce .... as a man can you separate those emotional ties. X x x hugs x

no!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users