Fruit Cages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Having just put my creep away in doors for the night I am rethinking erecting protection from cats/foxes and other things that go bump in the night. It is such a lovely warm evening and some are still out....
I am definitely going to get a fruit cage. Has anyone got one and where would they recommend I should look x x hugs x

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

If you could make a lockable hide area, that would do away with the need for a fruit cage Stella. This would be better for them than moving them each night to be honest.

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

They have tort lodge to go in and the greenhouse which are lockable, but sometimes they don't make their way into them. Particularly these past few nights when it has been so warm, and to be truthful it seems such a shame that they need to be in there x x. Hugs x

#4 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

I would still put them in there if they were mine and open the doors in the morning to give them the choice, especially for the gravid one as gravid torts like to do things their way. It could be the taking in and out that is making her hang on to the eggs, rather than another problem. One thing is for sure, it does not take much to put them off laying as they do like their own regime/ territorial stomping session ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users