2 replies to this topic

#1 Darran

Darran

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Owner
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 10:54 AM

Due to ill health I’ve had to reduced my tortoises (mostly given them away to family).  As a result I don’t want to continue to own the MyHermanns website and forum and I’m hoping someone will come forward to take it on.  The annual running costs are approx £350 the bulk of which have been paid until Feb 2022.  I don’t want anything for the site as I would like it to continue. 

I have very little knowledge of computers or websites and really left it to a fantastic guy called Sion. I’m sure he could transfer the website and forum over quite easily for a reasonable fee.

Sadly if no one comes forward, the website and forum will cease to operate.  The forum was one of the first for tortoises and the knowledge contained in the back pages is second to none. I would like to thank all past and present moderators and members, without you all it would not 

have been such a successful community. 

If anyone is interested in taking this on, please email me at darransproul@btinternet.com

Darran

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 12 August 2021 - 11:00 PM

This is very sad news Darran. If I could afford to take it on, I would in a heartbeat.......maybe a joint ownership, if anyone was interested!

#3 NANACAZ

NANACAZ

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Walking dog, watching my tortoise.Holidays

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:50 AM

That is sad and I am really sorry to hear of your ill health..

I too am not in a position and rely on this forum for help and advice which as you say has been in abundance and for that I am very grateful .

The help Sue, Karen,Graham, Sabina and others have given over the years is invaluable Thankyou..

I too hope this keeps going

Good luck

Carol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users