• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Well, Harry went in the fridge this evening, marking the end to another tort year. It was a great one, too, what with the glorious weather we had.

Wishing everyone's tortoise a successful hibernation; and that we can all rejoice next Spring on their re-emergence.

All the best, everyone       :thumbup:  :hugs:

#2 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thank you very much Graham. Indeed another year almost gone. This is the time also for us to listen to our body who tells us to slow down too. All nature is retreating for a rest.
Sabina

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:57 AM

Well, Harry went in the fridge this evening, marking the end to another tort year. It was a great one, too, what with the glorious weather we had.

Wishing everyone's tortoise a successful hibernation; and that we can all rejoice next Spring on their re-emergence.

That's good to hear Graham, my lot won't be far behind him, lets hope the winter passes fast and we have another beautiful year next year as I hate this time of year.  :)

#4 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

Thank you very much Graham. Indeed another year almost gone. This is the time also for us to listen to our body who tells us to slow down too. All nature is retreating for a rest.
Sabina

That’s true. Every year around this time I start to think ‘what the hells wrong with me’ definitely have less energy and feel like hiding away for the winter.

#5 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

Sorry Graham, only just seen this. My lot are in too, but playing silly beggars with this warmer spell. I’m finding using bright light in the box seems to be encouraging the awkward ones to dig down, rather than leaving them in total darkness.

#6 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

That's good to hear Graham, my lot won't be far behind him, lets hope the winter passes fast and we have another beautiful year next year as I hate this time of year.  :)

Me too! One year I’ll emigrate lol

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Me too! One year I’ll emigrate lol

It would be ok if we could hibernate same as the torts long sleep then warmer weather.  :lol:

#8 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

That’s true. Every year around this time I start to think ‘what the hells wrong with me’ definitely have less energy and feel like hiding away for the winter.

I'm the same cold and tired all the time. x

#9 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

I found that the UV strips in the indoor enclosure of my two little ones help me in the dark seasons because technically i have a daily 30 minutes+ of exposure on my hands and arms when I take care of them. So this year i have decided that I will keep them on for myself while they hibernate.

#10 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

I’ve got a sad light box. Not convinced how much it helps though. I was listening to someone on radio 2 today talking about going to bed early for better health as though it was a new discovery lol. You have to laugh sometimes ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users