Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:56 PM

** THIS MESSAGE IS SENT THROUGH TORTSMAD.COM ***

We have a Horsfield tortoise, male and approximately 5-6 years old. We were told he was 4 when we inherited him, but we were also told he was a girl, so I am not sure the previous owners knew much about him. His sex has been confirmed by his vet.

He's very good natured, and likes exploring. Our garden, we have realised, really doesn't allow us to give him the space he needs and wants and nor do we have the space inside to give him a reasonable sized run. He's very healthy and has had pre-hibernation check ups for the last two years.

His name is Einstein and he likes radicchio and dandelions. He also eats rocket, lettuce and wild flowers. We have various bits of equipment we will happily pass on - a tortoise box with mesh roof, a lamp, feeding bowls etc.

We are based in SW2, and within reason are prepared to deliver him to his new owner (within the M25). And of course to meet them. He is really a most excellent tortoise, but I think we were misled by his previous owners who convinced us he would be fine in a small London terrace with a very small paved back garden.

If you know of someone who would like him, we would be very happy to send him to a new home to be looked after and loved.

NOT MY TORTOISE, ADVERTISING FOR HIS OWNER. I WILL PASS ON DETAILS OF ANYONE WHO CAN HELP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users