I Can't Fiind Namaste Who Is My 3 Years Old Hermann Baby

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

Hello

Today was the last day and last night planned outdoors for my two Hermann babies. And tomorrow morning i wanted to get them back indoors.

However today it was impossible to find one of them (Namaste) in order to put it inside the cold frame for the night. I searched everywhere for about 45 minutes inside the enclosure, and no traces of Namaste, no clues left. It is impossible to escape from the enclosure, so it is dug somewhere. The last time i saw Namaste was at around 2pm today basking under the sun, that was when I was checking on both of them.

Hopefully tomorrow it will reappear, but my worry is that now it is not really warm and sunny to stimulate it to emerge.

What can i do? I must find it over the next few days.

Thank you

Sabina

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:37 AM

Hello

Today was the last day and last night planned outdoors for my two Hermann babies. And tomorrow morning i wanted to get them back indoors.

However today it was impossible to find one of them (Namaste) in order to put it inside the cold frame for the night. I searched everywhere for about 45 minutes inside the enclosure, and no traces of Namaste, no clues left. It is impossible to escape from the enclosure, so it is dug somewhere. The last time i saw Namaste was at around 2pm today basking under the sun, that was when I was checking on both of them.

Hopefully tomorrow it will reappear, but my worry is that now it is not really warm and sunny to stimulate it to emerge.

What can i do? I must find it over the next few days.

Thank you

Sabina

Hi Sabina,

If he doesn't come out when the temps pick up today then your going to have to look for him, he's obviously dug down some where in the enclosure it's now just finding him, I would start looking near plants that you have in there and go from there good luck.  :)

#3 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Thanks god I found it! I was buried about 15cm deep in the soil inside the cold frame. Phew.....

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

Thanks god I found it! I was buried about 15cm deep in the soil inside the cold frame. Phew.....

Great news, panic over been there myself you don't think you'll ever find them.  :)

#5 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, the chance we have is that we know they are creatures of habits and the spots they tend to spend the night unless they pick another new spot! I never thought small torts will dig that deep, but they do indeed! Size does not matter :-)

Sabina

#6 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

Great news, Sabina, you must have been out of your mind with worry. So glad the panic’s over.

#7 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

Thanks Karen and Graham. I have let them a little longer outdoors given the nice sunny warmer weather, but this time not with the full run of the enclosure so that I can find them during the next few days. Back indoors this coming weekend unless we have another warmer spell.

Sabina

#8 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

Oops, so sorry, just realised I’ve not had notifications for weeks. Not sure why. Glad he turned up

#9 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

Oops, so sorry, just realised I’ve not had notifications for weeks. Not sure why. Glad he turned up

I wondered where you've been  :lol: there's a few things need updating Sue that might be the reason just keep looking on till it's done.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users