• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hi no the stand isn't broken it's just in the pic of the stand it shows the lamp holder having a metal wire coming from the ceramic to hang it onto the stand but mine doesn't have this as it came with a clamp. I will take a pic when I turn the light on. Amanda

#22 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

Hi just wondering would I worm tiddles before his wind Down? He was outdoors for a time this year. Thanks Amanda

#23 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

Hi just wondering would I worm tiddles before his wind Down? He was outdoors for a time this year. Thanks Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Sorry I've just seen this, not it's best not to worm them before hibernation as the residue of the chemical would still be there and their good bacteria in the gut would be wiped out with no time to recover, if you do worm them this late then it's best to over winter, it's always best to check for worms in the summer as this gives them time to recover before hibernation.  :) 

#24 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

Ah rite thanks Karen. I didn't realise and wasn't sure when to do them. They were done last year but I'm definitely hibernating Tiddles this year. They are seperate now and I must say the little one seems much happier however tiddles seems to spend time roaming round as if he is looking for her and has done since we moved her? Amanda

#25 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Ah rite thanks Karen. I didn't realise and wasn't sure when to do them. They were done last year but I'm definitely hibernating Tiddles this year. They are seperate now and I must say the little one seems much happier however tiddles seems to spend time roaming round as if he is looking for her and has done since we moved her? Amanda

It's good to hear the little one is doing well, are you weighing them and keeping a record of their weights.  :) 

#26 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

Hi Karen. Yes I do and since separating then the little one is now 36g where as she was stuck on 33 for ages. Fingers crossed things are looking up for her. Amanda

#27 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Karen’s given brilliant advice here. Glad to hear Tiddles is picking up at long last Amanda. :)

#28 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Thanks Sue. Yes she seems alot happier on her own. Hopefully she is on the up now. Amanda

#29 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:43 AM

Hi Karen. Yes I do and since separating then the little one is now 36g where as she was stuck on 33 for ages. Fingers crossed things are looking up for her. Amanda

Hi Amanda,

That's good to hear, hopefully she carries on gaining steady weight which I'm sure she will, will you keep me updated on the little one.  :) 

#30 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

Hi Karen. Yes I will and again thanks for your help. I know tiddles is bigger than he should be but what weight should the little one be at 3 years old?
Thanks Amanda

#31 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hi Karen. Yes I will and again thanks for your help. I know tiddles is bigger than he should be but what weight should the little one be at 3 years old?
Thanks Amanda

Around 70-80 grams :)

#32 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Really!! WOW, she relly is rather behind then isn't she. Let's hope she does plenty of catch up now and when Tiddles is hibernating.
Thanks Sue.
Amanda

#33 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Yep, I’ve got babies of 30 grams from this year ready to go now, so Tiddles has a lot of catching up to do ;)

#34 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Just shows how tiny she is doesn't it. The big one is a bruiser in comparison to her. No wonder she felt intimidated. Hopefully one day they will live happily together 🖒🐢🐢

#35 Tiddles123

Tiddles123

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

So I'm in prep for wind down starting beginning if Dec. So What container will I fridge hibernate tiddles in and is kokosnot coir ok for the substrate.
Is a brick out house too cold to do wind down in as my torts are currently in living room.
Thanks Amanda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users