• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 emoo

emoo

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

My Hermann, Edmund, is 4 years old and needs a new home (No vivariums!) as we are moving abroad :( We got him from an excellent UK breeder and he has had no health problems at all although he is quite small for his age. We have certificates for him. Anyone interested please feel free to ask any questions.
You would need to be able to pick him up from our rough area as we have no transport at the moment. (St Helens, Warrington, Manchester, Chester, Liverpool area).
You'd also be welcome to any lights or tortoise related objects that might be useful.
Emma
Attached File  IMG_0368.JPG   417.46KB   96 downloads

#2 Claireybelle

Claireybelle

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

he looks lovely, and we would love him but we are to far away (over 300 miles) :-( Good luck in finding him a super home x x x

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

What a lovely smooth shell, he looks well cared for. :) Just to make it clear is there a re-homing fee or not? If there is, can you say how much? Please be very careful and make sure you vet anyone wanting him so that you are totally sure they know what they are doing and will treat him well and will not keep him in a vivarium, feed him on a pellet diet etc and do have an outside area for him.

Good luck in finding him a brilliant home and good luck with your new life abroad, wherever that might be. :sun: ?

#4 emoo

emoo

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for your messages, he is lovely - we will be really sad to see him go. I've decided no fee, I'm more bothered that he just goes to a good home.
Ironically we are moving to turkey where there's loads of tortoises apparently...
:)

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Is 'he' definitely male? I was thinking about a couple of rescue females, if the right ones came along..... x

#6 Dsim89

Dsim89

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi Emma,

have you found a new home for Edmund yet? I am currently looking for a tortoise and was wanting one that has already been cared for rather than getting a baby.

I have a friend who also has a male who bites, does Edmund bite?

I look forward to your response.

Danielle

#7 Harriet

Harriet

Tortoise Forum Newby

• VIP Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Emma,

Please can I ask for his weight we have a 4 year old female and he sounds like a possible mate and or friend for her plus we're just over the border from you in West Yorkshire so not far to travel.

Has he been hibernated every year?

If you need to speak please message us with your phone number and we'll give you a ring.

Many thanks, Tim & family.

#8 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi Tim,
As Edmund is a hermanns and Harriet is a horsfield they are both different species and so couldn't be kept together. I just thought you should know.
Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#9 Harriet

Harriet

Tortoise Forum Newby

• VIP Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hi there,

Sorry Senior moment there hope Edmund has found a new home?

Tim.

#10 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Is that a recent photo, he does look small for four years old. Does he have any health problems that people need to be aware of? I do have a list of prospective rehomers if you would like me to ask around.

My Hermann, Edmund, is 4 years old and needs a new home (No vivariums!) as we are moving abroad :( We got him from an excellent UK breeder and he has had no health problems at all although he is quite small for his age. We have certificates for him. Anyone interested please feel free to ask any questions.
You would need to be able to pick him up from our rough area as we have no transport at the moment. (St Helens, Warrington, Manchester, Chester, Liverpool area).
You'd also be welcome to any lights or tortoise related objects that might be useful.
Emma
attachicon.gifIMG_0368.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users