• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garywomack1986

garywomack1986

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

Hi i have just been given a rabbit hutch and I am thinking of converting it into a outside enclosure for my horsefield (squirt) i am thinking of putting his light in the top area for a basking area taking the bottom of and putting it onto some soil for him to dig and making a run around the bottom for him to walk around and graze. Whats your advice thanks

Attached Files

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

Won’t really work I’m afraid as he needs basking lamps and a well thought out enclosure that he can’t dig out of. Horsfield S are a burrowing species and can dig down several feet. Have a look here www.tortsmad/russians.htm

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:55 AM

Hi i have just been given a rabbit hutch and I am thinking of converting it into a outside enclosure for my horsefield (squirt) i am thinking of putting his light in the top area for a basking area taking the bottom of and putting it onto some soil for him to dig and making a run around the bottom for him to walk around and graze. Whats your advice thanks

Hi Gary,

Have you thought about using a cold frame this would probably work so much better, especially for a Horsfield you could even add a halogen security light in there for cooler mornings as the weathers not been fantastic lately. x  :)   https://www.toolstation.com/halogen-floodlight/p15898?searchstr=haloge&fbclid=IwAR1SQLRSB5ewyd-R-mvwmXymmfkP_dFYpDMzvK8E9bZppPWmhOXAK3B3e_g 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users