To Lloyd and Andrew

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tortgal_*

Guest_tortgal_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-05-07 AT 11:57 PM (GMT)]Hi guys,

im sorry i had to create a post specifically to you both but i think it will save me and others a lot of time rather than replying to the same topic of posts over and over again (not that we mind :7 )

I signed in after a couple of days absent from the forum and must say i was fairly taken aback by some of the comments. Asking questions is by all means welcomed but there really is no need for some of the comments you have been writing Lloyd.

Im sure one particular member did not appreciate you advising her to tape a football onto the back of her tortoise to stop him from falling on his back. I know she was very distressed at the time and im sure we would all like the Tortoise owner community to feel they can get some sensible advice from this forum.

Lloyd and Andrew there are no excuses for keeping your torts in a viv. I appreciate and respect that Andrew - you have cats. But as suggested a rabbit cage would suffice perfectly. The cost of the vivarium should not be an issue when it comes to your torts health. On this subject - it was a little disrespectful Lloyd - replying to Ninas helpful post about vivs by saying it was just "too much to read"

you have both been told that vivariums are a very bad choice yet you still continue to use them and have even posted a recent thread challenging some of the experts opinions on vivariums because your "friends have them". It is of course completely at the owners discrepency as to what they choose to home their tort in but please dont encourage others to make the same mistake.

Most of all we have all been where you are , a little confused and misled by some wrong advice but please listen or attempt to understand. It gets very frustrating for myself and others when good advice and effort to explain is disregarded. I believe you both have your torts best wishes at heart and will make great tort owners if you listen to the good advice on this forum!!

P.S Lloyd "l.marsh
mines bin in viv for 2 years and is healthey and loves it tort tables are just cheap and tacky version of vivs so get ya money out and but ur tort a descent home where it canb live haoppy" THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:03 AM

Hi Steph,

well done for your note. However, to be honest after wasting my time reading all of lloyds messages it has become obvious to me that he doesn't even have a tortoise. He has simply come on here to aggrevate us and post pointless messages. Think its best if we just all ignore him - kind of like when u have a mosquito buzzing around ur head, u either ignore it or u splat it :o

#3 Guest_luckyuk_*

Guest_luckyuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:32 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-05-07 AT 00:45 AM (GMT)]Ive read all of lloyds posts to out of curiosity and some are conflicting even, i have directed him to the tortoise trust web page but you can only help those that want to be helped.
Ok i dont understand the unwillingness to dump the vivs after all if youve spent the cash its gone anyway so is neither here nor there and a tort table is so cheap or maybe possibly free to obtain. Before i remembered the rabbit cage in the loft i was going to use a large draw or possibly a bookcase on its back(minus selves of course.lol) and those are often thrown away, where i live you can help yourself to as many items as you can carry out of local skips. ;-)
I think lots of people are put off keeping torts because they are led to believe expensive equipment is needed but personally i think torts are very cheap to keep, clean and have wicked personalities. I just love it when mine stomps off to bed, usually while im taking photos.lol
sarah
p.s I got a shell shaped sand pit out of a skip to use outside until i build something more permanent,its great totally unescapable, the other half ive planted weed seeds so i can still keep the garden tidy. :-)

#4 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:53 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-05-07 AT 06:55 AM (GMT)]hi, its just i dont really know what to do, i had to buy the viv with the tort and now that its all set up, i dont know how to change it. (my cats seem to get on with him fine though)
oh and i have a wire mesh large outdoor enclosure aswell.
(its a large 4 foot long viv, i keep the door open to ventilate, no headbanging on glass yet.)

#5 Guest_hobbernob_*

Guest_hobbernob_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

Well looking back on previous posts which have all been written by the same person I can only come to one conclusion, the word TROLL comes to mind!

#6 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

TROLL

i'm only looking for advice. what does troll stand for aswell?
and its my first tort so bit unsure of what to do if thats ok with you

#7 Guest_hobbernob_*

Guest_hobbernob_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:37 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-05-07 AT 08:40 AM (GMT)]Andrew I wasnt referring to you;-)

A troll is basically somebody who comes onto a site and leaves messages to cause trouble and wind people up!

#8 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

oh ok thanks, :o

#9 Guest_lloyd_*

Guest_lloyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

l.marsh
i am goin too try them in a tort table today i have a wardrobe i can use put it on its back and section it in to 2 so i will post u pick when dun too see wat u think also ill pic me viv with stuff in
p.s if i tahe top of viv will it be ok>>>? put mesh on or leave it open as it is to cold wherer i am to put them out side

#10 Guest_lloyd_*

Guest_lloyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

l.marsh
i do apologise for what io have been saying i no u r out for my best intrests and we only ask qs to see what other people do diffrently i have taken ur advice on board and am trying new things as we speak lloyd:7

#11 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Excellent post, Tortgal, and well done to Lloyd for admitting his mistakes and trying his best for his tort. I've responded in another thread to congratulate Lloyd and Andrew on getting rid of their vivs (and a wardrobe will make a brilliant tort table).
Thank goodness you both seem on the right track now, and please don't hesitate to ask more questions - that's what we're here for.

Nina
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/
http://pets.groups.y...roup/Turtlesco/

#12 Guest_tortgal_*

Guest_tortgal_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

thanks for the replies guys and congrats for dumping the vivs!

And as Nina said dont stop with the questions or ill get bored :7

#13 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

i havn't dumped it yet, we are just keeping domino out of it as long as possible (he only goes in there to warm up and sleep now), we will discard it in th near future though when we have another enclosure sorted out.
thx

#14 Guest_lloyd_*

Guest_lloyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

l.marsh
i now keep my rort in vivs at night toi sleep in and other they r out all time but r ok to sleep in viv and to get a wearm arnt they??? laters nice too see u r all rate now

#15 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

I suspected before that we have had one or two people posting messages on here who don't have any interest in tortoises and don't have one either, but get some kind of sad enjoyment out of pretending they do and posting garbage just to see what happens.

If there are any such individuals out there, its a shame for them that their lives are so empty and pointless that this is all they can do to feel better about themsleves. But it doesn't succeed in annoying those of us that do actually care about these creatures.

#16 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-05-07 AT 03:48 PM (GMT)]hey! i have a tortoise and he is called domino! I am trying to get ideas to convert tort table (see both attachments)

#17 Guest_luckyuk_*

Guest_luckyuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

hey! i have a tortoise and he is called domino! I am trying to get ideas to convert tort table (see both attachments)

Andrew i dont think it was said about you.
btw. your first attatchment is missing, what was it.
Sarah

#18 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

picture of domino, ill put it here.
http://img353.images...9/dominoct4.jpg

#19 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

who was it talking about?
thx btw

#20 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

Andrew I can confrim its not directed at you as clearly you do have a tort and do care about him as well.

It applies to anyone who puts silly posts on and does not have any concern for tortoise welfare. Unless this descritpion fits then please don't feel offended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users