Cola's babies... more pics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

wub.gif Hi everyone

Well I have had the 2 hatchlings home with me for a week now and I am enjoying them sooo much. They are doing really well, very active and eating well and I even saw one have a poo in her bath today!!

The girl that is having these 2 works in London and is out from 7am until approx 7pm mon - fri, so I really am unsure if she will be able to have them.. It won't be fair to have the table completely empty to prevent them going on their backs and they will still need their water dish, so there is a hazard there.. she has nobody that can pop in and check on them so what do you suggest I tell her??

I weighed them today and they both weighed 7g when they were hatched on 22 & 24 feb. the one with the micro pore covering her egg sac that hasn't been absorbed totally yet is now 10g and the other one which is slightly larger and hatched first now weighs 9g.. Does this seem ok??

Here are a few pics i took today..

Jeanette & Cola xxx

Attached Files

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 12 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wub.gif Hi everyone

Well I have had the 2 hatchlings home with me for a week now and I am enjoying them sooo much. They are doing really well, very active and eating well and I even saw one have a poo in her bath today!!

The girl that is having these 2 works in London and is out from 7am until approx 7pm mon - fri, so I really am unsure if she will be able to have them.. It won't be fair to have the table completely empty to prevent them going on their backs and they will still need their water dish, so there is a hazard there.. she has nobody that can pop in and check on them so what do you suggest I tell her??

I weighed them today and they both weighed 7g when they were hatched on 22 & 24 feb. the one with the micro pore covering her egg sac that hasn't been absorbed totally yet is now 10g and the other one which is slightly larger and hatched first now weighs 9g.. Does this seem ok??

Here are a few pics i took today..

Jeanette & Cola xxx

YAY!!!! they are soooo cute Jeanette I'll have them lol Love the white tip on the ones tail happy.gif You could tell her your really really sorry but you've fallen in love with them and as they're your first you've have decided to keep them wub.gif wub.gif rolleyes.gif
The recomended weight gain for hatchies is 2-3g a month so weight gain sounds perfect.
Great pics, thanks for sharing x

P.S do they have names yet? x

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hi Jeanette,
The little hatchlings look gorgeous. As they are Cola's first and you are so attached to them I think you'll have to keep them. Maybe offer the hatclings from the second clutch to your friends. Thanks for posting the pics Jeanette. It is always lovely to see Cola and her babies. wink.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#4 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

I have just had a call from the lady who works in london who was considering having both my babies.. she has realised that due to her working such long hours and them needing so much looking after she is not having them and is instead looking for an older tort..

I still don't know if i should keep them for myself or not??? I do have an nice couple who has the wife home every day who want one of them???

xx

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 12 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just had a call from the lady who works in london who was considering having both my babies.. she has realised that due to her working such long hours and them needing so much looking after she is not having them and is instead looking for an older tort..

I still don't know if i should keep them for myself or not??? I do have an nice couple who has the wife home every day who want one of them???

xx

Hi Jeanette,
If you do decide to give one up , the nice couple who has the wife home every day sounds like a good idea. It is not an easy decision Jeanette, so I do wish you the best of luck. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#6 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 12 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

xx

well you could keep one and let one go and then keep one from the other eggs cola has laid or you could keep these two and let them have one when your eggs hatch. No doubt after having one they will be back for another anyway wink.gif Thats if youd like to keep some anyway rolleyes.gif x

#7 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (miller07 @ Mar 12 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well you could keep one and let one go and then keep one from the other eggs cola has laid or you could keep these two and let them have one when your eggs hatch. No doubt after having one they will be back for another anyway wink.gif Thats if youd like to keep some anyway rolleyes.gif x

Gosh they are so adorable. I would simply have to keep them both. I thought my little torts were small, they were 24g & 22g when I got them at 7 months, but yours are minute in comparison.

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Jeanette
Pictures of your little one's look so cute, i would be so tempted to keep them both,so adorable.
Jayne,H,Becky and Humpty

#9 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Awww Jeanette they are beeeeautiful! wub.gif
Great pics, what IS a girl to do?! wacko.gif

Paula x

#10 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Hettie @ Mar 14 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww Jeanette they are beeeeautiful! wub.gif
Great pics, what IS a girl to do?! wacko.gif

Paula x

Ahh..thanks

The one with the egg sac problem has to be the funniest.. she is so active and eats really well but you can guarantee as soon as she goes into her water dish she will walk straight over and straight into her dish of limestone flour.. she looks like a little ghost!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think i am going to keep her!!! her name will be pepsi!! wub.gif wub.gif

I have worked out should be approx one month til the next lot hatch!! yippee!!

Jeanette x

#11 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 15 2011, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh..thanks

The one with the egg sac problem has to be the funniest.. she is so active and eats really well but you can guarantee as soon as she goes into her water dish she will walk straight over and straight into her dish of limestone flour.. she looks like a little ghost!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think i am going to keep her!!! her name will be pepsi!! wub.gif wub.gif

I have worked out should be approx one month til the next lot hatch!! yippee!!

Jeanette x

keep them keep them keep them smile.gif

Pepsi and shirley, i say wub.gif

xx

#12 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (littledeedee @ Mar 15 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
keep them keep them keep them smile.gif

Pepsi and shirley, i say wub.gif

xx