Shanti And Namaste Have Started Their Hibernation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

Hello

Shanti and Namaste, both 3 years old, have started their hibernation for 3 months. (Fridge method).

Sabina

#2 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

Hello everyone

My 3 years old two tortoises came out of their 12 weeks of hibernation on Saturday 9 March.

They hibernated in a laboratory frigde (brand is LEC), same brand as the one Graham has for Harry. That was an investment, and i was very pleased with it becasue it keeps temp stable.

Both look healthy, fit and have a good appetite, so all good. They are currently living indoors and in a month time they will move outdoors.

Sabina

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

Great news, Sabina, I'm glad Namaste and Shanti have completed a successful hibernation, it's always a relief when it's over. Harry's up too, so it seems the new tortoise season has started!

#4 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Well done Sabina. Nearly time for my babies to come out. The adults are up, so looks like a uk tortoise invasion again. Here’s to some decent weather :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users