• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:22 PM

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same, but I'm having to sign in almost every time I visit the forum despite having the 'Remember Me' option checked.

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:11 AM

Morning Graham,

No every thing seems fine for me im staying logged in all the time, we'll wait and see what others say. :)

#3 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

Fine here for logging in, although I have had that problem in the past. I still can't use emoticons but putting that down to my iPad.

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

Hi Sue,

Graham did post some thing about this that it could be the ipad the post doesn't seem to be there now after the upgrade he might be able to advise again about it. :unsure2:

#5 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

It's your iPad, Sue; they work on iOS, which is a smaller version of OSX and therefore doesn't accommodate every feature. There is a smileys button on the keypad which will give you some more choice, but there's no guarantee they'll appear in a post. I'm writing this on an iPad now, so here's a string from the keyboard; let's see what shows up:

☺️

#6 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

Just the one (I put about ten on), so you can see the smileys are very restricted.

#7 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

It's your iPad, Sue; they work on iOS, which is a smaller version of OSX and therefore doesn't accommodate every feature. There is a smileys button on the keypad which will give you some more choice, but there's no guarantee they'll appear in a post. I'm writing this on an iPad now, so here's a string from the keyboard; let's see what shows up:
☺️

Ah thanks Graham. I found none of the ones from the smileys button showed up, the only thing that works is typing : and ) or : and ( . Nothing else works. It's fine, I remember someone saying they didn't like them anyway. I suppose it's like everything else, you get into the habit of using them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users