• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tortoise1978

tortoise1978

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

I'm planning an outdoor enclosure with an insulated hutch/shed. Can anyone recommend a heat lamp and thermostat to use? Would I need UV too for less sunny days. I'm planning on him being outside all the time he's not hibernating.
Thanks, Anna

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

I'm planning an outdoor enclosure with an insulated hutch/shed. Can anyone recommend a heat lamp and thermostat to use? Would I need UV too for less sunny days. I'm planning on him being outside all the time he's not hibernating.
Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

You will just need a ceramic holder and reflector to attach to your shed/hutch if you go for a hutch you must make sure it's high enough for the bulb to hang safely and not be a fire hazard, your bulb doesn't need to have uv just a heat bulb as they get all the uv they need from the sun even on dull days, if your planning on him been out all the time apart from hibernation then you could think about also adding a greenhouse tube heater on a thermostat to help with background temps cause at the minute the days are nice and warm but the nights are still really cold we had a good frost here yesterday morning. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users