#1 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Teaching, Pets.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hi All,

Have finally come to purchasing my heat lamp etc. Wopuld just like to run this by you all before i buy.

Was looking to go for http://www.arkpetson...2cm-p-7068.html and http://www.arkpetson...00w-p-7438.html for my set up.

Would these two be ok? The house is 120 cm by 70 cm.

If not could you offer any other suggestions.

Many thanks,

Darren

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hi Darren,

I haven't used the arcadia d3 bulb but I've read there a good bulb, a lot use these, one thing you would need to make sure is the house your hanging It in has enough height space as these bulbs need to be hung a certain height above the tortoise i'm sure it's 12" someone will correct me if i'm wrong, see what others think. :)

#3 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Has anyone had successful orders from arkpetsonline? Ordered a couple of days ago now and still says pending. I grabbed the link from wow.tortsmad.com

#4 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Hi there

That link is to show the Lucky Herp Reptile Incubator, so if you find the company is not reliable do let me know and I will link via a different company. I hope they sort things for you soon.

#5 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I will be calling them tomorrow as if in stock they should have been able to dispatch in a reasonable amount of time. I have been reading reviews and some are great and some arent
arent. I am wondering if the good reviews are their own made up under false names. Fortunately I ordered with a credit card so if nothing comes of it you are normally protected. Will call tomorrow but even some reviews say they don't answer the phone. To be honest I am not the sort to go ignored and should I get messed around I might take a little drive to the business address. You can't ignore face to face.

#6 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

After 40 calls today i managed to get through to someone at one of their actual stores. He contacted them and called me back. Amazing how someone else could get hold of them but i couldnt. I was told that the clamp lamp was out of stock. They were going to send an alternative should i want it. They didn't contact me about this it was down to me to contact them. They changed the order to pending almost immediately so i couldn't cancel the items. I have cancelled this over the phone through the guy in the other store and he said he will inform them. Whether or not i will get my refund without a battle is another thing. Luckily i have ordered with a credit card and its protected against on-line fraud and deception.

After reading reviews they seem very very unreliable. I have ordered through swell reptiles instead who guarantee to get it here next day delivery if ordered before 2pm. I ordered 4 items instead of the 3 (added a timer for lights) and it all came in cheaper than arkpets. Not only this i managed to get 10% discount code from a on-line forum so ended up getting the 4 items for over a tenner less. 

Sue i would strongly recommend you changing the link on your website to this product and anyone else i would advise avoiding arkpets like the plague!!!

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Hi Darren,

Glad you got it sorted in the end, I've heard a lot use swell reptiles, they seem a good price. :)

#8 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Yes that's where I buy all my equipement from Swells reptiles too,never had any probs and if you order before 2pm it will arrive next day :)

#9 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

No, they are not made up reviews. As mentioned, I have several friends who have used them and so long as you only have small tortoises they are fine, I would never recommend a product on my website that had not been tried and tested. This would be no good for me, but people who have had my babies use them to good effect :)

#10 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

As I said, the link (as stated in the title) was to the actual product, so will change this ASAP. Who did you get good service with in the end?

#11 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Swell reptiles was what I used in the end. Should be here tomorrow as currently at ipswich depo.

I was not commenting on your reviews I meant reviews of the company I originally ordered from. People warn on them of the poor customer service and lack of refunds etc. Very sorry for the miss understanding.

#12 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

That's OK, I have not left reviews, I think we have our wires crossed here.  Not to worry, will ask people where they bought their Lucky Herp fridges from and change the link if applicable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users