Jump to content

- - - - -

need your help advice again

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sarahlou_*

  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

Ive phoned round a few vets,my local doesnt specilize in tortoises but are willing to treat him.
there is only 1 that specilizes in tortoises but there bout 20miles away and i dont drive,plus they cant see him till tommoro evening :(
should i take him to my local and get him a dose of antibiotics and see how he goes?
or wait till tommoro and go to the specialist vet?

my local said they could aministrate an antibiotic to toby but there knolage of tortoise isnt great.

what should i do?

his apointments at 2:00pm for my local :)

#2 Guest_sarahlou_*

  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:59 PM

managed to get an appointment at a vets that specilizes in torties for 4:40 this afternoon so im getting him checked out :)
hes had a bath and i warmed him up and hes had somthing to eat.he seems fine inhimself but he is stilsneezing so best to get him checked out :)

#3 Guest_tortgal_*

  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

Hi sarah im glad you posted that last message as i was getting in a bit of a state trying to figure out whether you should wait or stick with the regular vet lol.

Really well done to you for acting so quickly. I see now why you took this tort on, obviously a very caring nature.

Remember to let him cool down before travelling otherwise he will get too stressed. You want him cool enough so that he sleeps preferably.

I want a full update by 6pm!! lol

best of luck and fingers crossed its nothing serious :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users