• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Tilly's outside enclosure is now complete, she goes outside on sunny days, and is bought back in when the clouds come out, or at night.  When shes out shes a different tortoise, she goes into hyper speed, recks anything she comes across, and is never still.  I am also surprised at how warm she gets, considering the temperature we are getting[attachment=2568:IMG_13761.JPG

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Glad you have noticed the shell warmth. You see in so many places. people advising that the weather needs to be warm enough for us to wear a t-shirt - it doesn't of course as tortoises do not get warm like us, they thermoregulate by basking in the suns rays as you have found. The shell is a perfect heat exchanger. If we sat in a room at 30 degrees we would be sweating, yet a tortoise would still feel cold to touch as it is not basking in heat rays. I had one awake one winter which had the run of the conservatory and sneaked out several times when it was sunny, still managing to warm up in the snow. Have pics somewhere.

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

We have had a dreadful day on Sheffield, but about an hours sun about lunchtime.... All my torts came out and found their spots!!! All lovely and warm. I had my coat on to watch them x x x hugs x x

#4 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hello Jessy

Tilly's enclosure lovely,i wonder how long the flowers will last,lol!!

A lovely sunny afternoon,torts been enjoying the sunshine.

Jaynex

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

A BEAUTIFUL day, in Sheffield.... I suspect there have been a lot of happy torts today x x x hugs x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users