• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Popple

Popple

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

Hi everyone Ive weighed and measured my Tortoise, she weighs 105g and is 90cm longs Ive had a look at the chart and I think shes too small but just wanted to see what you think? I am nervous about hibernating her so its no problem if she cant. Also when doesnt she need to come back inside?

Many thanks
Angela

#2 pompeypoole

pompeypoole

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

How old is she. Can you post picture. Do you weigh her regularly and are you confident that your scales are accurate

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

Hi everyone Ive weighed and measured my Tortoise, she weighs 105g and is 90cm longs Ive had a look at the chart and I think shes too small but just wanted to see what you think? I am nervous about hibernating her so its no problem if she cant. Also when doesnt she need to come back inside?

Many thanks
Angela

Hi Angela,

Could you give us a little more information on how she's kept outside like does she have a basking lamp and heat for over night.  :)

#4 Popple

Popple

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hi yes sorry I should have said, she has a cold frame with a basking lamp in and a rabbit run attached to the cold frame. She doesnt have overnight heating. She has been up and about, eating and going out in to the run during the day. I have been making sure she is in the cold frame each night. Any advice is greatly appreciated 😊

#5 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

She will need bringing indoors soon if there's no added heat over night as some nights now are quite cold, do you have a set up indoors already for her, or you could add a heater to stop the temperatures falling too low over night to keep her out a little longer, but she would soon have to come in.  :)

#6 Popple

Popple

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

Thank you, I have a Tortoise table so Im going to set it up at weekend and bring her back inside

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users