• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

There could be a similar thread kicking around, in which case I apologise. Just thought we could get to know who we're talking too. If anyone is too uncomfortable with this then you don't need to take part/answer all questions! :-)

Your name:
Significance of your username:
Your age:
How long have you been keeping tortoises:
Do you have any other pets, and if so, what:
Professions:
First CD you bought:
And finally....
If you were stuck on an island, what 3 items would you take with you:

#2 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

I shall go first :-)

Your name: Mark Selley
Significance of your username: a nickname when I was younger with the year of birth
Your age: 25 (just!)
How long have you been keeping tortoises: about a month!
Do you have any other pets, and if so, what: no other pets, although the girlfriend as a budgie and I had a budgie when I was 4! (I asked my mum for either a pet dog, pet budgie or a brother or sister for my birthday!)
Profession: professional hose squirter - firefighter
First CD you bought: embarrassingly the spice girls
And finally....
If you were stuck on an island, what 3 items would you take with you: bucket, spade and a lilo - why not, just hope it's a warm island!!

#3 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

My name: Vikki Philpotts

Significance of user name: See above!! - the 01 is because Vikki is often already in use.

Your age: Not sure as you are supposed to ask that!! But I'm not shy I'm 38.

How long keeping torts: Same as you about a month (Newbie!!)

Other pets: A 7 year old cocker spaniel called Jock and a 9 year old lovebird called Bonnie (her mate Clyde sadly died not long ago)

Profession: Retail assistant

First CD I  bought: I think it was actually a record (now I am showing my age!!) and honestly cant remember what it was!!

3 items if stuck on an island: Laptop with wi-fi (so I could order anything else - sorry is that cheating!!) My animals and I guess 3rd would be all the food etc they need.

:) :blush:

#4 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Matthew Michael james spurdle.
Silly nickname from when i was younger
26 years old
Sommmersettt lol
Got my first tort at 15 so 11years
English bull terrier and bearded dragons
Work for SSE
First cd from what i can remember was coolio (gangsters paradise)
Would have to be my Iphone,Ipad,cant think of a third lol

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

Your name: Kelly Hearn

Significance of your username: It's my name!  :winkgrin:

Your age: 43

How long have you been keeping tortoises: Since childhood as my parents kept two adults. I finally got two youngsters of my own four years ago. Norman was 2 when I got him and Hazel was three months old.

Do you have any other pets, and if so, what: Yes..... quite a menagerie! A staffy cross called Maddie, three cats, a dwarf rabbit, a 24 year old corn snake who I've had since a hatchling, a leopard gecko and stick insects.

Professions: I run a playgroup in a disadvantaged area of Leicester that specializes in supporting children with speech and communication difficulties and social and emotional problems.

First CD you bought: CD's weren't about when I bought my first record! :rofl: My first vinyl album was Abba and my first 7in single was Thunder in the Mountains by Toyah.  

And finally....
If you were stuck on an island, what 3 items would you take with you: Lip salve, a book and my dog.  :wink:

#6 crotchetybear

crotchetybear

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises, my dogs, animal welfare, conservation and environment, wildlife and travel.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

I think you'll find some of this covered in individual profiles but this is me:

Name: Christine Meusz, prefer to be called Chris

Significance of username: "Crotchety" was the nickname given to me by my late mum when I was (to her mind) an obnoxious teenager and - according to her - bad tempered. I also make teddy bears hence "Crotchetybear".

Length of time keeping tortoises: Over 40 years. I bought my first tortoise in 1974 in the days when they were imported in large numbers. Thomas, who became Thomasina when she laid an egg, was the first one and, the following year I bought Fred. Thomasina lived for 15 years and Fred is still with me today, hibernating at present. Last year I added Roobarb and Custard, who were four months old when I got them last Feb and have just completed their first hibernation.

Other pets: Two yellow Labradors, Kayleigh (8 years old) and Digby (9 months), two chickens (Dawn - a rescued battery hen - and Dusk whose owners were looking to rehome her as her companion had died), and several fish in two tanks and a pond.

Profession: Occupational Health Nurse

The first music I bought was on vinyl. My first album was the live Rolling Stones LP "Get yer Ya Yas out" and my first single was "The Witch's Promise" by Jethro Tull. When I got a CD player my first album purchase was Elvis Costello's "Brutal Youth".

Three items I'd want on a desert island: My dogs and a good book!

Welcome to the forum,

Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users