• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JessM

JessM

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

Morning all! Am new to this group so just wanted to introduce myself. I've had a Herman for 18 months and absolutely adore them! Such lovely lottle creatures! I noticed last night a couple of groove markings on his shell which seemed to be sensitive to the touch. I've attached a couple of photos. Do they look normal to this forum of experts? He has a balanced diet of hard food and fresh veg, but as I am a first timer I would love to hear from you guys!! Thanks, Jess

#2 JessM

JessM

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:30 AM

Sorry I can't figure out how to attached photos! Please can anyone let me know!!

#3 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

Welcome to the group :) Is your tortoise putting on a lot of weight? How old and heavy is it? Are the sensitive areas a lighter colour as in new growth, if so it sounds like excessive weight gain. If you are accessing the group by a laptop or tablet you should be able to attach a photo direct, but not sure from phones. Click on the photo symbol and add a photo from your collection ;)

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:18 AM

Sorry I can't figure out how to attached photos! Please can anyone let me know!!

Hi Jess welcome to the forum. :)

If you click on more reply options then attach files you can upload a photo, not sure if it works from a phone though. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shell, Markings, Herman, Tortoise, Help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users