Indian Star humidity

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jess14_*

Guest_jess14_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hello!!
We are getting some Indian Star tortoises soon and i'm researching everything about them at the moment. I've read in a few places that the humidity is very important to them, that it should be below 40%. This is a stupid question, but how can i control the humidity in their enclosure?
Help us!!
Jess x( :)

#2 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

I control my humidity by substrate, I use bark for my red foots and soak it every day. As for my med tortoises i use hemp and I keep it dry.

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hi
With stars the humidity requirments is very controversial but the best thing i could suggest is keep there subsrate completely dry its very dificult to maintain humidity in the uk at 40% but as long as they are not subject to periods of dampness i doubt you will have any problems
Darren

#4 Guest_jess14_*

Guest_jess14_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

Thankyou Darren, do you know a lot about Indian Stars? We are struggling to find some reliable information about them.
Jess

#5 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

Hi Jess
i wouldn't say i no alot about them mainly just there basic care in captivity, diet , captive enviroment try some reasearch through the web what else are you looking for information wise have you tried the tortoise trust heres there care sheet http://www.tortoiset...e/celegans.html
If you have any questions i will try and answer them with what i have learnt keeping stars, where are you getting yours from and how old are they.
Also this american forum might be of help there are some good threads on here regarding stars http://www.turtletim...dex.php?act=idx
Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users