- - - - -

Am i mad

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

Picture this, you wake up at 7:30am and pull back you curtains look into next doors garden and there's this mad idoit running around the garden in the freezing cold dressing gown and slippers looking under bushes and in corners for weeds !!!

Well thats what delights my neighbours get so i can put the weeds in the fridge so my wife can feed my tort at lunch time.

Should i see a doctor or may be just get a life, my excuse is it for the love of my tortoise and all in the name of conservation.

All non tortoise lovers think it might be worth a little trip to the doctors, but i want a real opinion what do you guys think ???

#2 Guest_shootinglou79_*

Guest_shootinglou79_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

lol no daz your not flower, my hubby isnt in love with my torts but i still get him to run round the garden looking for weeds including my neigbours yard dressed in all sorts lol

linzi-lou

1.1.0. hermann tortoises
0.1.0. spur thigh(med)tortoise

#3 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

Sounds normal to me lol.
I am always out in my garden & fields in my PJs & Wellies my hair all ruffled with panda eyes looking like ive just been dragged through a bush backwards, I dont know what people think of me!
I have horses and at christmas one of them was poorly and i was in and out all night in my PJs and wellies back and forward to the stables and to top it all off my PJs were red and fluffy so i looked like father christmas. Its a good job there were no kids about I would have got mobbed for pressies!!:o

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#4 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

LOL. My neighbours have been looking out the window at me.
It`s so embarrassing, now everywhere i go i`m looking at weeds, i`ve got two neglected dogs, that when we go on the field they get no attention as i`m scouring the grass for a good weed. SAD!!!!!!!!!

#5 Guest_vwplaygirl_*

Guest_vwplaygirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

u guys aint mad just tort lovers im sure ill be doing it soon at the moment my garden is full off weeds lol tort paradise my back yard is .. i think its just weeds and nothing else right now ( due to not bothering with it this winter) but i got an excuse now i did it for the torts they will clear it im sure in time xxxx:D

#6 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:01 PM

lol that is so funny. Andrew and I always go to the local park now because we cannot find enought weeds for 19 tortoises in our back garden, people look at us as if we are werid but i don't care as long as my tortoises are getting the best food possible lol

#7 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:06 PM

Nar we are not mad the rest of the planet is.jeff

#8 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

Yeah I totaly agree with you there Jeff!
I think people who dont want or dont like pets are the really weired ones,,, Thats just not normal in my eyes lol.;)

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#9 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

I agree as well I wouldn't be without my pets and don't understand why people don't like or don't want them

#10 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

I am thinking of getting a dog so people do not look at me strange walking about the undergroth with a plastic bag. I half expect the police to turn up! LOL.

Mike

#11 Guest_ossypete_*

Guest_ossypete_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

do you also find yourselves walking about say for a walk and looking purposely for them too , whilst i am driving at work i look for nice quiet country paths where i can stop off and pick a few handfulls myself and try to memorize the good places. I have been out with my litle boy tonight who is 5 trying to learn him to ride his bike whilst doing that i saw some good big clumps of dandelion and the other ones with the serrated leaves so pulled up the whole plant , in the end got about 5 ,so torts have eaten really well tonight. :-)

#12 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

Yep I can relate to this also, My front garden is near a public path, and the looks I get from people passing by, when they see me crouched down searching for weeds, clutching my plastic container!!!...T.T.

#13 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:18 AM

Thank god i`m not alone!
I`ve got my husband looking for them at work now (builder) and i`ve booked a cornish holiday and i`m taking my torts and guess what i`m looking forward to? yes, going around getting lots of exciting food for them(very sad). There`ll probably be a message off me in a few months saying my husbands filed for a divorce, (can`t think why that would be, lol).
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users