Tortoise Meeting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Will anyone be going to this meeting on Sunday?

http://www.justmeand...toise.webs.com/

I've just booked a place and my train ticket... I can't wait!

Paula x

#2 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

hi paula this looks great but im too far away i live in north east uk ,have you been to any of them before :)

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi Paula,
I recognize some names on the list from other tortoise forums. Hope you have a great time! :D . Enjoy...... ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Struggling to get a server connection Paula.... Where is the meeting? X c x hugs x c

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Struggling to get a server connection Paula.... Where is the meeting? X c x hugs x c

Date: Sunday 19th February

Time: 2pm-5pm

Venue: Keston Village Hall,
Heathfield Road,
Keston BR2 6BG,
Kent.

£3 per person(£1 per child)

Including refreshments and cake.

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh well done Freddy! :D

The venue is miles from me too, but this talk is of particular interest and so I'm off for an adventure. :D Letting me out of Somerset will be like Crocodile Dundee!
Last time I went to London I was kind to a stranger... and then ended up being stalked! :lol: Bit of a country bumpkin! :lol: I just have to remember not to talk to strangers and to keep my hand on my hapenny! (Thanks Nan!)

Paula x

#7 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Kent.... Like another world to us northerners.... Needing a plan to get there.... Overnight stay etc. however, hobbies and passions do sometimes determine weekend activities. Generally how would you know what is going on in various parts of the country. I know there is a part of the forum from where people can advertise meetings but it is not used to the best ability. How do we get to know what is going on in our area? As marine fish enthusiasts there are often 'raids' where certain areas are targeted and people get together for.... Talking and meeting and friendships... Are there tort friendly meetings anywhere x x hugs x x

#8 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

You're right it isn't used much, but that's down to us! :D

If anyone reads of torty gatherings elsewhere it would be good if they could share this with our members.

I have met a few people from our forum over time and it has always been good fun, tis always great to talk torts with a fellow nut! LOL!

When I told the girls at work that Lin and her husband were paying me a visit they were horrified, (strangers on tinternet) they advised she might be a crazy axe murderer... when I opened the door to see Lin and Graham clutching a honeysuckle plant as a treat for Hettie I knew they would be ok!! :lol:
Now the lads up in Scotland were a different matter!! :lol: The Welshies were lovely too and last summer I went on a weed walk with another member.
So if we want to set up our own meeting we can do, we could think of somewhere of torty interest and see if others are interested?

Paula x

#9 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

If anyone gets the chance to go to one of these meetings in the future, definately go! :D

There was a really interesting talk about Hermanns torts, I met lots of new people, names I recognise both on here and on different forums. Everyone was really friendly, welcoming and talked tortoise! :lol: Perfecto!!

Paula x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users