- - - - -

what is the smallest tortoise class

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tortille_*

Guest_Tortille_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

Hi there. I am new here. I am from Turkey and sorry for my English .
I want some help. I will have a new friend a small tortoise . Could you please tell me what is the smallest tortoise class?

#2 Guest_Lowe_*

Guest_Lowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

The smallest tortoise I know of is the Egyptian Tortoise. It's incredibly rare and is endangered so not many people have them, and captive bred youngsters are very expensive.

#3 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

I'm not sure if they are smaller than Egyptian tortoises but padlopers are very small tortoises. There is a website about them - http://www.homopus.org

#4 Guest_Tortille_*

Guest_Tortille_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

thank you, you are so kind. I don't know if I can find padlopers or egyptian, in turkey there is so much testudo graeca ibera but will ask for tortoises that you said.

#5 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

HI There tortille i keep a small group of egyptian tortoise, they are the smallist tortoise i think.I heard that the largest egyptian ever recorded is 127mm and she is a female.there is another tortoise which is all so very small,I think that it is a sub species of the egyptian tortoise but im not sure of its name i will have a look for you.take care jeff

#6 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Im not an expert on this but i have read that the African Speckled Tortoise is the smallest tortoise
http://www.tortoise....s/speckled.html

#7 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

Ive been looking for the name of that tortoise it is {werneri}I think this is a sub species of the egyptian tortoise.take care jeff

#8 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

I have seen refrences to testudo werneri with its common name given as the Negev tortoise but I can't remember where

#9 Guest_Tortille_*

Guest_Tortille_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:24 AM

thanks guys.yesterday asked red foot and egyptian but they said it's hard to find another species except testudo graeca ibera in Turkey. you're so lucky, you've got a lot species and am so jealous about it:)

#10 Guest_Tortille_*

Guest_Tortille_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:29 AM

look at my babies :)

#11 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

HI There torttille lovely pics i feed my tortoise carrots, the carenteen is good for killing worms. take care jeff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users