• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi, Everyone,

Glad to report that Harry is up and about; I got him up yesterday, and all went well.  :D

He's surprisingly quite active this morning, so I'll put him in the enclosure later, and see if he eats or drinks.

Another successful hibernation. Phew!

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Glad to hear Harry's up Graham, the sunshine has certainly brought our tortoises out. Having said that they will need tucking up tonight. Apparently it is going to be the coldest night of the winter tonight....-3 x x x hugs x

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Glad to hear all yours are up now too, Stella, and let's hope for a cracking summer for all our torts to enjoy.

I'll be bringing Harry in about five o'clock, no doubt he'll snuggle down in his bed-box for the night.

X X X

#4 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Great news graham,glad harry had a succesful hibernation,think it help this year as it was quite a mild one so wasnt so stressfull for us :)

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Great news ,Graham. Glad to hear 'Harry' made it through another successful hibernation. Well done! :)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Brilliant news Graham. It's always a relief when they wake up safe and sound. :)

#7 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thanks, everyone, and just to update you, Harry had a bath this morning, whereupon he had himself a good drink while he was there. Later on, I put him in the enclosure, and saw him nibbling on lamb's lettuce and dandelion, so it looks as though he's soon returning to his usual self.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users