Vet bill shocker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

OK, it was not a tortoise!

3 Year old guinea pig had somehow split his eye. After visiting the vet we were given cream to try and dry the eye out, it did not work!! So I left him over night for the operation to have the eye removed and picked him up last night.... That will be 119...
Took the little guy home pleased he had survived the op but he died 3 hours later. boo

Anyone else had some horror vet bill's?

#2 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:56 PM

Oh Mike I'm so sorry, Unfortunately Guinea pigs are known for their weak hearts, we had a young one that died when we started the lawn mower up, they are so fragile. As for vets bills, tortoise X Rays: 250/300, dog investigation for intestines@almost 800, Hamster put to sleep:27 the list goes on, oh the hamster was after hours surgery time lol. So sorry for your loss honey, been there, know how you feel:(

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

Just had one of my tortoises operated on she had a hysterectomy not much change from 700 but shes doing fine ate and drank soon as i got her home

#4 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-01-06 AT 08:20 PM (GMT)]Oh yeah forgot tortoise in pond for three hours, week spent at vets 650 but he must have felt sorry for us and gave us "compassionate discount" or so they called it and knocked off a small bit, not much lol, funny thing though even to this day we don't know how she got in the damn pond, fenced off real good and all, they are masters at escaping.lol:)

#5 Guest_torty_less_*

Guest_torty_less_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

how did he survive 3 hours in a pond?! did he float

#6 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-01-06 AT 04:23 PM (GMT)]No she was right at the bottom, if it wasn't for the poo she did as she fell in and left on the side of the pond we wouldn't have known she was there, that was one day when we thanked her for pooing lol. The vet said they can hold their breaths for a good while and also because the water was cold she went into a sort of under water hibernation/shut down. We were told we did the right thing in hanging her upside down all the way to the vets as she brought up alot of water during the journey and so I guess that saved her from having a body full of water and anything serious. We wrapped her in a warm towel and she stayed at the vets for a week but shes fine today, no ill effects thank goodness. The pond is even more fenced off these days but she still tries lol:) The thing that makes us sad is thinking how she was in the pond while we were having our dinner. I got in at 3.30pm as usual, went to look for the torts but couldn't find her but it wasn't unusual for her to be hiding. Made dinner and all and at 6.30 decided to get them all in and thats when we made the gruesome discovery, rushed to the vets and just got there before our vet went home, boy did I drive fast that day. Never again will I make dinner until all torts have been found lol:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users