Green Mouth

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Beth87_*

Guest_Beth87_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

Morning all,

We have a three month old Hermann hatchling called Esio Trot - she's our first. I was giving her a bath this morning and noticed she had a green mouth, almost like a residue. Most of it washed away in the bath and I'm hoping she's just been wrestling with some weeds! However, I was just wondering if anyone had heard of something more serious like an infection that involved a green mouth? Esio seems fine in herself and is still just as lively so it's literally just that her mouth is green.

Thanks
Beth

#2 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hey Beth,

I have known my tortoise's mouth to have a slight tinge to it after munching on some weeds and it does wash off! Hopefully this is what has happened! I cant really give you an answer though about infection because I have no idea about these types of things, someone will come along though and be able to put your mind at rest!

Louise

xxx

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Hi Beth,

Like Louise the only green mouths I have seen have been the result of eating weeds. As long as the mouth is clear and you can see a lovely pink tongue I would think Esio Trot has just enjoyed munching!

Paula x

#4 Guest_Beth87_*

Guest_Beth87_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm just being paranoid!

Beth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users