• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

The time’s getting on so I made a start today; antirrhinum, chicory and nipplewort seeds went in the trays. Weather permitting, I’ll begin giving the garden a good going-over tomorrow in readiness for Harry’s reemergence. Spring’s on its way!

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:58 AM

Let’s hope so Graham and Harry, she says through the folds of dressing gown, while switching heating back on. It will be so good to see those little faces emerge once more. Let’s hope it’s a good year for our little ones. I should have some baby Carex grasses for tortoise shelters if anyone is interested. If so, PM me your address and I will send some :)

#3 NANACAZ

NANACAZ

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Walking dog, watching my tortoise.Holidays

Posted 08 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

Hi

Iv started to sew my seeds too Graham. Its snowing here in Sheffield today but cant wait for the warmer weather.

I will have some Sue if you have any left. Thankyou.

Just a quick question - whats the longest hibernation (months) your torts have done naturally.

Thanks

Carol.

#4 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:22 PM

Hi

Iv started to sew my seeds too Graham. Its snowing here in Sheffield today but cant wait for the warmer weather.

I will have some Sue if you have any left. Thankyou.

Just a quick question - whats the longest hibernation (months) your torts have done naturally.

Thanks
Carol.

Just waiting for the ground to thaw Carol, then they’re in the post. This year, torts have been down since mid October and hopefully will be up mid March depending on the weather. A warm spell in Feb can sometimes prompt them, but that’s not looking likely this year. The longest, which was an accidental one was a Russian that disappeared in September and came up several feet away from the enclosure in the lawn in March. Not ideal, but he was fine :)

#5 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:18 PM

Just waiting for the ground to thaw Carol, then they’re in the post. This year, torts have been down since mid October and hopefully will be up mid March depending on the weather. A warm spell in Feb can sometimes prompt them, but that’s not looking likely this year. The longest, which was an accidental one was a Russian that disappeared in September and came up several feet away from the enclosure in the lawn in March. Not ideal, but he was fine :)

If your on messenger, can you let me have your address again please Carol. Plants waiting to go but the forum (or my iPad) is not allowing me access to PM’s. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users