Photo
- - - - -

Is This Lamp Good For My Hermann Hatchling (I M Worried)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 dvthero

dvthero

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hey , I said I am respecting you and I trust your knowledge but I am not a Kid I work for my own food and pay my depts. I said that he was like that since the day I got him and I take care of him. I built a home , spend arround 100 Euros and learnt about diet. Also bought supplement Calcium and whatever he needed as I learnt from forum like yours. No need to offend me that its my fault feeding him poor. Everyone was a begginer but I am not stupid I learn fast and I said I will release him.

#22 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Hello,

Please be assured that Wizzasmum had no intention offend you. I know Wizzasmum very well. What was meant is that babies are very sensitive and very prone to dehydration. In the wild in nature they hide under humid stones or humid pieces of wood most the time until a few years old of age, they come out only to eat a little bit and hide again in humidity. In the area where you found it nibbled on what was only available and most likely what it ate was unsuitable, and it might have stayed under the sun too long and got dehydrated.

We all thank you so much to have rescued the baby from the garbage area. You will be an inspiration and an example for so many people when you release the baby into its mother land. The baby came to life in the wild and was born free and this is how it is meant to be, this is the free life it was given by God/the Life Force/or other names that means the same. You were meant to find and rescue the baby, and now to follow the natural course you have the honour/privilege to give the baby again the gift of freedom.

I hope all this makes sense.

Sabina

#23 dvthero

dvthero

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:21 PM

Hello , Sabina  thank you for the kind words.  I am sure that I did the best I could to help him while he is here ( I soak him everyday for a lil and have his subtray humid. All the things I worried , I found out that everyone  experienced them and they are normal in this level for a tort in its new home. I am sure that  where I found him his legs were hurt and almost dragged him self until today. This morning I saw him for the first time to really lift his shell so I guess he gets better. He is eating well and I provide him extra calcium. Also I threw away  the lamp I had and put his table under a semi sun - semi shade spot  and he bask until he is full of it the retreats in the shade under his favorite tree in the table. You are right about his freedom and it will be his very soon after I am sure that his legs are fine.

You have my regards and I didnt want any argument , I know its normal to worry extra with ur experience on the subject when you talk with a begginer but you don't need to worry. I'll keep him a couple of days until I see progress with his back legs and then I'll release him in a good spot I know.

#24 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hello , Sabina  thank you for the kind words.  I am sure that I did the best I could to help him while he is here ( I soak him everyday for a lil and have his subtray humid. All the things I worried , I found out that everyone  experienced them and they are normal in this level for a tort in its new home. I am sure that  where I found him his legs were hurt and almost dragged him self until today. This morning I saw him for the first time to really lift his shell so I guess he gets better. He is eating well and I provide him extra calcium. Also I threw away  the lamp I had and put his table under a semi sun - semi shade spot  and he bask until he is full of it the retreats in the shade under his favorite tree in the table. You are right about his freedom and it will be his very soon after I am sure that his legs are fine.

You have my regards and I didnt want any argument , I know its normal to worry extra with ur experience on the subject when you talk with a begginer but you don't need to worry. I'll keep him a couple of days until I see progress with his back legs and then I'll release him in a good spot I know.

Hi,

I do agree with every thing Sue has said none of it has been said to upset you or cause an argument and not because your a beginner to the tortoise world, it has been said because you are so lucky to live in a place where tortoises live naturally and that must be lovely to see, and such a shame to keep one at your home when they have a choice to live free, we do in the uk try and replace natural enclosures as good as we can but we can't compare with what you have, i'm so pleased to hear your going to release this little one back into the wild where he/she will be better off, you've done a great job looking after him/ her but nothing comes close to nature.  :) 

#25 dvthero

dvthero

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Yeah you are right . It was a misunderstanding of meaning . English is my second Language . Do you think that generally in Greece is a shame to have a tortoise or is it about the endangered species ? I mean during this two weeks I realized I m into tortoise caring . Should I buy a Sulcata or something else or a legal Hermans and have him outdoors ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users