Photo

Eggs

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

I've had babies hatch at 7 grams Matt and some at 16-17, but those are at either end of the scale and like human babies etc a good average is great :D If he had only just absorbed his yolk Matt, then he will be fine for several days. Feeding too quickly doesn't benefit anyone. So long as he can dig down and is hydrated, all will be fine. Congratulations :)

#42 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Ok sue as hes very active im not too worried about him eating at the mo.im bathing him every morning is this enough?he doesnt seem to be really digging down much tho,where i water his substrate it compacts it so im breaking little areas up to make it softer for him to do so.thank you :)

#43 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

Hi Matt,

How's the hatchling doing, I bath mine once a day normally on a morning when they've all got up.

Is the room you have the hatchlings table in getting cool enough on a night, as this might help her to dig down. :)

#44 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hi Karen
Yes its doing well but not eating yet tho!its digging down now at night wich is great as its a job to find it as so small lol.the tempts were a bit high at night so moved it closer to the window as its in our bedroom as we sleep with the window open so thats done the trick :)

#45 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Matt, I found when I was trying to locate mine in the soil it was taking ages. Then I discovered if I ran my hand very lightly over the top of the soil, they wriggled. I think their must be very sensitive when newly hatched.
How is the other babe (and mum) in your house x x x hugs x x x

#46 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Ha yes thats how i found it,must of been vibrations when routing about made him wiggle lol.well she was induced 2days late which should of been sunday but we only come in yesterday at 7pm but still no signs of little man budging but they are both very well thank you Stella :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users