URGENT

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*

Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:13 AM

HE KEEPS BUBBING IN AND OUT AND HIS SHELL LIKE HE'S OUT BREATH. IS IT NORMAL HIS DOORS ARE WIDE OPEN ON HIS VIV!!

HELP PLEASE:-(

#2 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:15 AM

What do you mean bubbing is his head out of his shell and it is slighty moving? if so most tortoises do this when they breath

#3 Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*

Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

YES HIS FRONT LEGS AS WELL SLIGHT

THANK YOU

#4 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

Dont worry about it he is breathing.

#5 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hello Hayley
Lets get some things clear, A tortoise legs move in and out rhythmically with each breath, when his lungs expand his arms and head move, a tortoise that is breathing normally would still look relaxed to a tortoise that is gasping for breath, is his mouth closed or open when breathing, is there any noise, does he have any bubbles or fluid coming from his nostrils. is he eating, is he active????

If he looks like he is struggling and gasping for breath or has a runny nose or making a noise when breathing, I suggest you try and get him to the veet today, I don't mean to panic but Saturday's they sometimes charge more:-)
If he is poorly then I wouldn't leave one of mine over the weekend
Arnie

#6 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:59 AM

If it is a slight head bobbing most of mine do it all the time they are beathing but if your tortoise is doing what arnhib said above take him to the vets.

#7 Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*

Guest_Hayley_Elizabeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:23 AM

NO HES EATING RUNNING AROUND LIKE A MAD MAN. NO FLUID AROUND HIS MOUTH OR ANYTHING.

#8 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:25 AM

oh good keep an eye on his breathing tho and is nose for liquid. Do you weight your tortoise at all, i have little books for all my tortoises and i weight them every two weeks. a good weight gain is 3g a month as slow growth is what you are aiming for.

#9 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

NO HES EATING RUNNING AROUND LIKE A MAD MAN. NO FLUID AROUND HIS MOUTH OR ANYTHING.

Hello Hayley
I'm pleased about that, that question, what is the white stuff when my tort wee's and my tortoise has a prolapse (9 times out of 10 it is usually the male bits) these are 3 of the commonest ones of all, but we have to be sure just in case there is something really wrong and your tort is the 1 out of 10
Sooner you come on here with any worries than let it go by, then we can clear it up and help you quickly
Arnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users