- - - - -

Thanks for everything.....

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

Hiya everyone, I have just been to check my emails and have found some real disturbing letters amongest them, why anyone wants to target me with abusive and vile emails is beyond me. I just posted this thread to say, hey I know when I'm beat guys and the emails can stop being sent now, the forum is yours, I won't be spoiling your fun anymore lol. I haven't shown my husband, but any emails that come after this thread has been posted will go straight to the police. If your gonna send me emails at least send your name so I can reply to em, the one about wanting to mutillate my torts was particularly disturbing to me but hey even I'm not sure what goes on in peoples minds anymore. Sorry if I upset anyone on here, jesus it's just a forum people, meant to be a place of informal discussion and views, wrong! I am not respossible for what other members post including Andrea, each to their own. Anyway enough already, love and best wishes to you and your torts. Omare :)

#2 Guest_mattgriffin1_*

Guest_mattgriffin1_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:29 AM

Omare

If you have been getting these emails from a member of this forum then I'm sure you have the full support of everyone here in exposing them and getting them booted off. This is clearly unacceptable. We can have differences in opinion and still reside in harmony here. I really hope you reconsider and DON'T let these low-lives drive you away. Anybody who really cared about tortoises would not be able to post such malicious junk and it is them who should be driven away. If you go they will have achieved their purpose by the most underhand methods. I realise that these emails are distressing so maybe take some time and think about it.

Matt.

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

I totally agree with Matt Omare you need to expose these vile people i can't believe any one of this forum would want to mutilate any ones tortoises everyone on here are tortoise lovers, who on earth would dream of harming anyones animals,have you forwarded these e,mails to the moderator but saying that he checks through all emails anyway go to the police sounds like you have been attacked from an out side source not from anyone here as every one here only have tortoises best interest at heart and certainly wouldn't want to harm them and if they did they certainly need removeing from this forum ,i find this very suspicious indeed!
Darren

#4 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

Omare
I am in complete agreement with what has been said, there are ways of uncovering the source of these emails I would ask the police about it now, I wouldn't wait to see if there are any more.
Disgusted
Arnie

#5 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

Omare,

I have just sent you a private message on this subject, as Matt has said members like this will not be welcome and if continues the forum WILL be closed down

Regards

Webmaster

#6 Guest_geminigem27_*

Guest_geminigem27_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

Omare sorry to here what's happened, I agree with the others don't let them get to you. Your advice and humour are invaluable to this site and you'd be sorely missed.

#7 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

Hi Omare, I am shocked to hear about your nasty emails, and if I were you, I would "Name and Shame" the sender...I have only been a member on this Forum for a very short time, but I think I can speak for everyone, this place would not be the same without your input, who else on this forum would use the word "Honey" as often as you?:) ;) ...T.T.

#8 Guest_Lowe_*

Guest_Lowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

Omare, please forward the emails to me - I have 'methods' of tracing emails even if they appear anonymous.

I'll PM you my address.

#9 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

This is disgusting!!
Omare is one of the most kindest caring people on this forum and always gives out good advice.
Its not fair how these people who are causing this trouble should force someone as nice as omare away. These people should be ashamed of themselves.
Its SICK!x( This place wouldn't be the same without your kind nature and good sense of humour.
Please don't go. ((((COME BACK!!!!))))):'(

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com

#10 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

The low life who sent the e-mail to Omare has clearly got a psychological disorder to even contemplate sending such a hurtful message. We all have differences of opinion, but this is going too far. I fail to see how disagreeing with someone leads to such threatening e-mails, especially against a lady who is essentially harmless and good natured. A disgrace.

#11 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

I'd like to add my support to Omare and to ask her to please reconsider. She has been friendly, supportive, humourous, and knowledgeable - everything you could ask from a correspondent on a forum. And she has always been the first to say that she is just expressing her opinion and not dictating to anyone. Also, if the person who seems set on victimising Omare is not punished, they will do the same to someone else in future, so please Omare, send those emails to Lowe and see if he can trace them. And please come back to the forum!

Nina

#12 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:35 PM

Hello Andrew
Omare hasn't been on here all day I wonder if she has unsubscribed
click on the little envelope at the side of her name and send this to her personally

Omare, please forward the emails to me - I have 'methods' of tracing emails even if they appear anonymous.

I knew there was a way of finding out
Good luck
Arnie

#13 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

I really dont know why someone would do that, its really nasty and the person needs to be named and shamed, i will get Andrew to sort it out.

#14 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:58 PM

Well, it seems fairly simple to me. Let's eliminate all those who don't have a beef with her, because the vast majority of us here respect her. Omare never has a harsh word for anyone, and I say 'has' in the current tense because i'm certain she'll be back. There is absolutely no reason why Omare can't come back to this forum, and personally, it would be beneficial for all of us to have her input once more. Ridiculous that someone has to leave because of some quasi tortoise extremist spouting crap from the safety of his/her keyboard. Sad sack. x(

#15 Guest_musicmaker2904_*

Guest_musicmaker2904_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

please omare, dont leave. We love reading everything you say. I know its hard when people are being stupid but please, you are better. If someone is gonna stoop that low....
please?

#16 Guest_ston73_*

Guest_ston73_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:17 PM

Hi there, Omare, If you read all these postings, of which I hope you do, this shows just how well respected you are... and you would be sadly missed, as everyone has already expressed.
You (among others) saw me through the early weeks and kept me sane with your kindness and invaluable knowledge and advise....
DONT LET THEM WIN, we all need you and enjoy your input....
fingers up to the sad Geek that has nothing better to do with their time..... "What comes around - goes around"

but please please reconsider your decision re: this forum Omare... :'(

#17 Guest_DaveL_*

Guest_DaveL_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

Hey Omare,

I've been reading threads on the forum since christmas, and I have to say the help and advice you have given in your posts have been SO VERY HELPFUL in getting our torts happy and contented.

Don't let some idiots stop you from sharing with the rest of us tortoise newbies the benefit of your experience.

Regards and best wishes,

Dave, Kymm and Kate. (and of course Turbo and Speed!!)

#18 Guest_Lowe_*

Guest_Lowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

I've PM'd Omare, hope she gets in touch :)

#19 Guest_l1277702_*

Guest_l1277702_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

I'd just like second everything that's been said on this thread so far. Omare has never been anything but kind and helpful to me and other new owners. If she really has left she'll be sorely missed. Ooh, maybe she's registered under another name so she can log on and read what we're all saying about her! If that's the case, PLEASE COME BACK!

Beth x

#20 Guest_ILUVEMTURTS_*

Guest_ILUVEMTURTS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

I am so saddened by this post.... I hope Omare comes back. Ive enjoyed reading her post. Her wisdom and genuine concern for the torts is evident. Please dont let some jerk run you off. Omare you are missed by myself and others, Please come back.
Tracy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users