Recent Posts

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-02-06 AT 11:57 AM (GMT)]Hi,

I see that you are all now using the forum to fight your differences with other members, please stop this now. This forum is for Tortoise members that have a valid question to raise, not who left bad ratings for whoever.

Please take this offline, all other posts of this nature will be removed along with the members account, i am no longer putting up with this rubbish!!x(

Regards

Webmaster

#2 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

It's all gone quiet at the back ...

#3 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

i have messaged you

#4 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-02-06 AT 07:56 PM (GMT)]Well If thats the case You should ban the people who's causing all this trouble, Most of us on here are helping other people with their tortoises But if you ban us then this forum would be rubbish!!!!!!!!
Oh and its a poor do, If everytime their is a slight disagreement (which there wasnt really) That you threaten to ban us. This is what a forum is all about, You wouldn't have one if it wasn't for the likes of us!!!!!

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com

#5 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Joanne,

I am sorry you feel that way, i hope you enjoy the other forums as you will not be posting here again.

This forum will not be rubbish without you, i am sure getting rid of all of the trouble makers will make this abetter place.

Regards

Webmaster

#6 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

Webmaster,

Am I right in asking that you have just banished Joanne for giving you her opinion?

Mike

#7 Guest_mattgriffin1_*

Guest_mattgriffin1_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:42 PM

I beg to differ webmaster, this forum would certainly be less informative without people like Calamity Jane and she for one has caused no trouble whatsoever. Please explain your justification for banning her. This has become much less like a forum and much more like a dictatorship. What is going on?

#8 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:48 PM

joanne is a great member of this forum kind honest and careing , i have just checked the profiles shes gone i just don't understand for what reason we all have veiws but this is ridiculous me next then ' omare(andrea 888) if you read this hope your satisfied you caused all this so sad so very sad
Darren

#9 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:54 PM

Postmaster,

I have to agree with the above 2 posts! You do not have an easy time here but you have not got to grips with what is going on this forum!

Read and understand before you wave your magic wand.

Regards

Mike

#10 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

I feel that this is all my fault, joanne is a lovely person with a brilliant web site and offers alot of input in the forum. Please bring her back.
We do understand that it does take alot running this forum and alot of money (which i dont think people understand) but its a great forum you have here which save hundereds of tortoises lives.

#11 Guest_mic263_*

Guest_mic263_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:54 PM

hello i am also sad to see joanne go. i have never read anything nasty from her. please let her back, thanks

#12 Guest_Kerismurfit_*

Guest_Kerismurfit_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

Please everyone stop this arguing and banning and get on with helping, advising and discussing. I for one rely on this forum to help and advise me, now more than ever!! I may be new to this forum but I care an awful lot about it and the people on here. Please forget this nonsense and get on with what your all great at.....looking after tortoises and helping others to do so.

Regards
Keri

#13 Guest_mattgriffin1_*

Guest_mattgriffin1_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

In principle I agree with you Keri but I can't stand injustice and a huge injustice has just been done.

#14 Guest_Kerismurfit_*

Guest_Kerismurfit_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

I to want joanne to come back she has an awful lot to give to this forum and I love to read her posts. Just feel sad about the whole thing.

Keri

#15 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-02-06 AT 09:28 PM (GMT)]Listen, this is an excellent forum, and the moderator has thus far done a good job in keeping the site idiot-free (ie. no spammers) but I have to draw the line at censorship.

Revoking the 'membership' of a person who doesn't necessarily agree with another forum member is setting a dangerous precedent.

I'm generally light-hearted, and would prefer to diffuse a situation rather than inflame it, but i'm all for freedom of speech and giving the next person the chance to have their say.

Not everyone will agree on everything, this forum is just a manifestation of the real world, and I think it'll be difficult to censor without creating a #####-for-tat situation.

(ie. "You banned him for this, why not ban her for that" etc.)

For what it's worth, I love you all :*

#16 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-02-06 AT 09:27 PM (GMT)]Can you believe they censored the word 't i t'?! :-(

#17 Guest_evie_*

Guest_evie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

I believe using the word " ALL" is not the most suitable wording that could be used !!!!
I find your post totally uncceptable and insulting .

#18 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

Joanne has reregisterd under two different usernames, i am sure you will soon get to see them again on the forum "JOANNE" & "Zippy". I have sent an email to Joanne, i am happy for the accounts to be kept on the forum, but i will not have any further problems like this.

Let is rest now and get on with what we are here to do, Look after tortoises.

Regards

Webmaster

#19 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-02-06 AT 10:13 PM (GMT)]Peace on earth ... and this forum! :+

#20 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:12 PM

IM shocked that all of this has resulted in a loss of great member,Her input will be missed very much.so PLEASE PLEASE bring her BACK she is very much needed,you know were here because we live and love tortoise and debates are part of that.JEFF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users