Recent Posts

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_amy_smith33_*

Guest_amy_smith33_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:47 PM

Hi

Havent managed to keep up very well for a few days. I can see that Calamity Jane has been removed but cant see why. This thread may well of been removed for some reason but can you explain to us why she has been removed please?

Amy

#22 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

She was naughty and expressed her opinion to the Webmaster!

AND got banned.........

#23 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

Steady on there mate, that could just be your first strike ;-) ...T.T.

#24 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

Yeah I am a bit like my hibernating torts (In the dark) on this one, from what I can make out though, a bit of "light forum discussion" took place!, the powers that be, swooped in too fast, caused an uproar/uprising type thing, then smoothed it over by allowing a return!...Does that mean we all get 3 strikes?!!!...T.T.

#25 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hibernation?! :( We've come full circle now! So then, does anyone want to discuss the pros and cons of hibernating / overwintering? :o
LOL :7

#26 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

And so, the circle of life once more begins :o forget hibernation mate, I wanner talk baseball!!!...T.T.

#27 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

So then, what about those Yankees, huh? :o

#28 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:30 PM

You know the rules, 3 strikes and your outta there!!!, of coarse you have no balls, fouls, and if you get hit by the ball you walk a base!!!...T.T.

#29 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:01 PM

I am completely baffled by this. Omare left because after a discussion here she got private emails threatening to mutilate her tortises and nothing was done about the culprits. Surely they should have been traced and kicked off the list, but there was silence from the webmaster. Then the webmaster accuses all of us of using the forum to batter each other and when Joanne complains she is told that she is kicked off the forum. And now the webmaster says that because Joanne is registered under several different names she will come back to the forum under those names, but does not explain why that allows her to come back (but welcome back, Joanne, it would have been dreadful if you were not allowed back). I am completely bewildered by all of this and would welcome an explanation from the webmaster that could hopefully restore the good feeling that is usually on this forum.

Nina

#30 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

Where was the proof of these emails????

Hibernation, The fight Kicks off, Great debate, Someone can not take the evidence for hibernation.

Aledged threatening emails to Omare.

Webmaster kicks in with his dummy email to all.

Peace is restored!

It starts again....

Joanne, far more respected than the faceless postmaster posts her opinion.

Joanne expelled.

#31 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

eerrrrrr good post mate, but I think you will find that is strike 2!!!...T.T.

#32 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

This might turn up twice but i have to just add this;
I might be struck of for putting this but hey if i am it was nice knowing you all,the fact is (was) omare and andrea 888 are the same person no maliciousness here intended but i'm afraid its true how do i no i'm clever.
Darren

#33 Guest_Lowe_*

Guest_Lowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:34 AM

Looking at things from an objective view, I think it's worth remembering a couple of things.

Firstly an internet forum is not cheap to run. The webspace and bandwidth financial costs especially as a forum becomes popular can be rather large. None of us actually pay the webmaster for this website, and as such we have no privildges. There's no freedom of speech - the site owner has every right to do as he sees fit. If that is banning a member then, as much as we may not agree with it, that's his perogative.

It's a bit like a pub - you wouldn't go to a pub, insult the landlord then expect a pint and a packet of nuts would you? :(

As a Moderator of 3 other forums and an Admin of another (unrelated to Tortoises) sometimes these decisions have to be made, and since we're all human we're not 100% right in what we do. But, lets remember that though the account Calamity Jane has been removed, Jo's re-registered and has been allowed back on. :o

#34 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:44 AM

Lowe,

Point well put.

Sometime's the mist of a deemed injustice gets the better of us!

Let's hope for this to be an end of all this foolery.

I still think it would be a nice gesture to reactivate the 'Calamity Jane' account as she only expressed an opinion.

Regards

Mike

#35 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:56 AM

Lowe,

Thanks for your input, yes it dose cost a lot of money to run this site and the huge bandwith the forum uses.

This site is FREE so please bear in mind that we are hear to help new / old tortoise members with tortoise related questions & queries.

If you like i can start to charge an admin fee for you all to use the forum, but how many of you would pay?

Enough said on this subject lets move on

Have a great weekend

Regards

Webmaster

#36 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Hi Everyone,
As you can see I am back On the forum, And I would just like to Thank everyone who stood by me, THANKS GUYS!:)

Yours
Calamity Jane

#37 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:43 PM

Nice to see you back.

And of course big respect to the Webmaster. My opinion has changed thanks for a great forum.

Regards

Mike

#38 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

Glad your back as calamity jane again ,
Darren

#39 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

Yeah Thank you too Webmaster :)
Yours
Calamity Jane

#40 Guest_kirsty10_*

Guest_kirsty10_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

Huzzah!! welcome back joanne what a calamity you had!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users