- - - - -

Donations

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_heaven leigh_*

Guest_heaven leigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

i dont think it would be fair to have a seperate forum for people who have donated because i dont have money to donate and also it means all the 'gold' members would be on another forum and would'nt be able to give advice to all of us who are'nt 'gold'.

#42 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

Well said, I agree. Having the words 'GOLD MEMBERSHIP' under my avatar is nothing short of an ego-trip. This forum is essentially a free-for-all, and anyone who donated did so as a token gesture for the advice they received, not to become 'exclusive' members in the Donators Lounge LOL x( Check your ego in at the door, matey!

#43 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

Well said, I agree. Having the words 'GOLD MEMBERSHIP' under my avatar is nothing short of an ego-trip. This forum is essentially a free-for-all, and anyone who donated did so as a token gesture for the advice they received, not to become 'exclusive' members in the Donators Lounge LOL x( Check your ego in at the door, matey!

Now now george no need to be like that. It was only a suggestion.

#44 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

And i'm offering an opinion to a suggestion.

#45 Guest_heaven leigh_*

Guest_heaven leigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

I agree with George

#46 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:14 PM

Yes i agree with both of your points, but it could have been put a bit nicer. I dont agree with this gold thing.

#47 Guest_seven_*

Guest_seven_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

Go outside your front door and give the first person 450 of your money,cause that what we are basicly doing,i think the forum has quiet afew members who use/come on here and we have only raised 128,people could only donate 1p and if everyone did it would help "every penny counts".as it's us who use it,i bet when this site first came about they did not think it would get this big..but then again everyone wants a freebie.So lets carry on.

I only a suggest it.

My Tortoise's
3.10.4 Hermann
28.10.4 Hermann

#48 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:48 AM

I dont think it`s fair to say everyone wants a freebie. I havent been on this forum long and i certainly will donate. I have been finding my feet and was prepared for the long haul with it. But arguments and accusing people of freeloading will only put people off and they wont bother. The only thing that will suffer then is the tortoises and surely thats what matters.
It is easy sorted out. Either we all compulsory must donate a small amount or it is voluntary. If it is voluntary you shouldnt make people feel mean if they cant afford to donate.
I hope you dont argue anymore now.
Lifes too short. Alex.:7 ;-)

#49 Guest_seven_*

Guest_seven_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:04 AM

It is voluntary,and that means you dont have to donate.But life is all the same every where you go,while things are free people will take take take,as soon as things change people dont like cause its change and go some where else.it's a fact of life.Im not getting at anyone with what i say as im only suggesting things for people and to help the site out.sorry i dont mean to upset anyone i will shut up now,and take my sharp teeth out.

My Tortoise's
3.10.4 Hermann
28.10.4 Hermann

#50 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

I`m glad to hear that and i hope everyone is friends again.:7 :7

#51 Guest_seven_*

Guest_seven_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-03-06 AT 10:44 AM (GMT)]Group hug everyone.......

oopppssss

My Tortoise's
3.10.4 Hermann
28.10.4 Hermann

#52 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

HUG.........

#53 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

lol

#54 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

Sorry folks :) The one negative thing about posting a message is that it's possible to misinterpret the tone of my reply. I apologise if I gave the impression that I was moralising, nothing of the sort.

Having the word 'Gold Member' under my name would be the equivalent of a gold medallion, and i'm far too self-deprecating to be a poser :D

Also, isn't 'Gold Member' a reference to the bad guy in the Austin Powers movie, who injured his tackle in a smelting accident? :D

I am not one of those who, in expressing opinions, confine themselves to facts - Mark Twain

#55 Guest_pork pies_*

Guest_pork pies_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

Me & my little chaps have gained a whole lot of info from this site. So I made my donation today.
Thanks to you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users