New Tortoise Owner

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:50 PM

Hi and welcome,

Well you have done the right thing in continuing to find out more about your new tort, You were very lucky indeed to get a uk captive bred tort from a pet shop.
I dont understand though how you cant fit in a table top set up if you can fit in a viv. If i were you, if you must stick with the viv take both of the glass doors out and remove the top. You can brace the sides with a length of timber down the length. You could also use this length of timber to mount your heat lamp/UV lamp.

I am fairly new to this site also and i think you will find there is an awful lot of good advice on here from some very knowledgeable people.

Just post away with any questions and someone will give you an answer.

Steve

#22 Guest_cat33_*

Guest_cat33_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

Hi vale46_1,

It wasnt the size that was causing the problem it was the fact that i live with my aunty who has cats and was worried about him bein eaten!
However he is out of the viv now, got a lovely tub going for him which he's enjoying lots. Just had to speak firmly to my cousins about keeping the door shut!

Thanks

#23 Guest_lozzer_225_*

Guest_lozzer_225_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

Hehe nice tortoise name.
My tort is also called Toby(I got the name off a story about a tortoise on slowcoach.com)
Good thing hes out of the viv.
Good luck!

#24 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

HiYa Cat,
Well done!!
I'm so glad you got rid of the viv, Your tortoise will be much happier now, Thats Brilliant news ;) Keep up the good work :D
P.S I have a tort called Toby too :D Great Name !!

Yours
Calamity Jane :*
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises :D
2.3.2 Hermanns

#25 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Glad you managed to sort something out, he sounds like he is doing great and you sound really enthused by the whole thing. Keep up the good work you are doing fine

Steve

#26 Guest_lozzer_225_*

Guest_lozzer_225_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

Lol i don't know why but Toby is a pretty common name as it just suits them really well its kinda like naming a python Monty.

#27 Guest_cat33_*

Guest_cat33_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

I was just thinking there's a few toby's out there!

I had no real reason to choose it just kinda thought it'd be cool.

Hoping to get some pic's on here soon for some comments on him and the setup.

I am really loving having him, very addicted! Already thinking perhaps he need's a friend but holding back till im much more confident with giving him a decent life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users