- - - - -

Thanks For The Backup Sarah...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Cheers Sarah for the backup on "the other Forum", It really has kicked off now!...What did you think of that Slovenian Farm??? I am not convinced by a couple of photos though, and I did not see any fences???...This question goes out to anyone that may have purchased a Hermanns from a pet shop in Hull, owners Becky and Steve...She is selling "Captive Bred??? Slovenian Hermanns" in large numbers, has anyone on this Forum bought one from them? if so did it suffer any health problems...cheers...T.T.

#2 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

No problem TT. I have to go and pick up lowe now and go shopping (his car broke lol) but when i come back i will have a good read. Take care.

#3 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Cheers Sarah, the mud is really starting to be slung on there now, but I have had to bite my tounge, because I have had my posts "pulled off" in the past...T.T.

#4 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hi Sarah /tt as far as i no its a load of rubbish the eggs are dug up from wild animals then incubated also they probably collect wild hatchlings etc adding them to the captive hatched groups spreading worms etc to all the tortoises there are no registered breeding farms in slovenia to date , also the site doesn't show the adult animals enclosures to show how they are kept i cannot believe there are tortoise farms that produce animals from captive held stock in enough number to produce these eggs christ they would need hell of alot more animals to produce what comes into this country never mind the rest of europe and probably the usa to
Darren

#5 Guest_KERRYPUDGE1_*

Guest_KERRYPUDGE1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:44 PM

Which forum is this?id be interested to read up on this slovenian farm?

#6 Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*

Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

yes me to :-)

#7 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

Yeah Me Too!

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#8 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

Ok you lot, its www.reptileforums.co.uk, you can just browse if you like, look under classified section, the most popular post, 3 pages, oh and try not to read my stuff, you guys may be shocked, and think of me in a slightly different way!!!...T.T.

#9 Guest_KERRYPUDGE1_*

Guest_KERRYPUDGE1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

Thats a heated debate,took me ages to read it all! T.T i didnt think you were that bad,Lisa did most of the argueing,good on her though,she put her point across well!

kerry

#10 Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*

Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

What a long post. Well done Sarah and T.T tell reptile "lover" what you think.She obviously doesn't stand up to her forum name anyway :(

#11 Guest_shootinglou79_*

Guest_shootinglou79_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

WOW,, strong debates, must say though T.T iv never thought of looking in for sale part, never noticed, sure did today though, wellll i might just pop in their sooo called reptile shop or whatever it may be, next week ONLY to see if what she's saying is true, but we will see, any advice to take on, for right and wrongs??

linzi-lou

1.1.0. hermann tortoises
0.1.0. spur thigh(med)tortoise

#12 Guest_Jo_from_Hull_*

Guest_Jo_from_Hull_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

I was looking for Hermanns a few weeks back and was very dubious about buying from any shop. Just in general, nothing to do with this particular one. Anyway .. i'd been saving for a while and looking for breeders etc when this lady at work said her husband had bought 2 from this particular shop a couple of months ago but was to be changing jobs, working away alot and couldn't keep them any longer. (She won't look after them, doesn't like them AT all) .. so i've got them now.

They look and seem fine but i'm currently looking for a good 'herp' vet in the area just for a check up to be on the safe side.

All seems fine so far, i'll keep you posted on Winston and Godfrey's progress.

#13 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

God it has got a bit heated.

#14 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

sock it to em guys, you do tortoise lovers every where proud.

Rgds
Darren

#15 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

YEAH!
WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR THE TORTOISES !!! :(
IF WE DONT TRY & HELP THEN WHO WILL!!!
Good on yerrrs for speaking the truth!!

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#16 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

Hi all i cant find this debate can anyone tell me were i can find it please.jeff

#17 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

Jeff,
Its in the for sale/Wanted part half way down the page in The General section Reptile Classifieds - Reptile and Exotics for Sale and Wanted .
Hope you understand this ok.

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#18 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

those poor little tortoise's don't stand much chance do they:

Any one who has a tortoise and loves and cares for them, won't buy from these horrible place's

Your average guy on the street who wants one cus they look cute or has just seen a movie and kids keep banging on, will buy from here.

Knowing nothing about tortoises is a death sentence for these poor little tortoise's.

You used to have to have a licence to keep a dog, why can this not be brought back into keep tortoise's

Darren
:'(

#19 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 09:09 PM (GMT)]Anno Darren Its such a shame I feel really really sory for all those poor tortoises, Its just not fair, I just WISH that we could REALLY make a difference and STOP IT!!! :(

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#20 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 10:01 PM (GMT)]I also wish something could be done about this but the only thing we can do is to warn people of this trade and encourage them to buy from uk breeders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users