- - - - -

Thanks For The Backup Sarah...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hi guys, thanks for your support, I cant seem to get the link on this Slovenian Farm from the thread, but am I right in saying that the farm was producing between 3500 and 4000 hatchlings per year??? in which case, if we said that each female laid 10 eggs(2 clutches)per year, that would have to be around 400 females?! and that would not take into account non-fertile eggs, I just do not believe it!!!...T.T.

#22 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 10:01 PM (GMT)]Anno Thats right!!
Its absolutly Terrible :(

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#23 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 10:26 PM (GMT)]This link which was further down the thread states that they have over 1200 females and 600 males

http://72.14.207.104.....com/farm1.htm

#24 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

yeah I have just found the same link, it reads someting like this- The farm of turtles Testudo hermanni is located in Slovenia, one of the younger European states, in the northern-east part of the country, close to Austrian border.
1200 sexually mature females and 600 grown up males F1 generation are living on two lots with fence of 35.000 m2 surface.

The basic food of the animals is grass, as addition they eat weekly also 1500 kg of vegetables (salad, tomato) and fruit.
Each year the females lay in May and June 2-6 eggs into a hole in the earth, the owners then dig them out and put them into the incubators.

that really is terrible...T.T.

#25 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:27 PM

it just makes me so angry :-(

#26 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

I havent given up yet though folks, I am still posting on that very thread, go check it out, before it gets pulled!!!...what a night...T.T.

#27 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:09 PM

Just looked at your last thread, did you mean to add some photos? Its all very exciting!!lol

viv

#28 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-03-06 AT 00:01 AM (GMT)]I really WISH their was something we could all do together, That would make a difference and stop all this ONCE & FOR ALL! :(

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
2.3.2 Hermanns

#29 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

No I meant the farm offer to show people photos...there is something you all could do for me though, dig for dirt on the farm and the famous pet shop, I dont mind being the voice, all in the name of torts, hurahhhh, but it has been a hectic night, posting on one site then the other, back and forth, I am tired, see ya...T.T.

#30 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

Well I guess you all know were I have been, still fighting the cause on the "other forum"...seems someone may have tipped off a tort lover called Sue to join the forum and "stick it to em", which she did, Sue was really clued up, I have a feeling she has been mentioned on here before?...anyone heard of her?...T.T.

#31 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

I have been following the thread too

#32 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

well tt sue nows her stuff alright i understand everything she says you no what i mean
Darren

#33 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

Is That Sue Wizzamum?
I Have heard of her she used to be on this website all the time a few years ago, And yes she does know her stuff. If I remember
rightly she was very a Nice person.

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
2.3.2 Hermanns

#34 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

Sue (Wizzamum) posts on the Tortoise Trust forum and also on the Tortsmad forum (I think she might be a moderator on one of them - not sure), and her advice is, as you say, really good.

Nina

#35 Guest_jb14__*

Guest_jb14__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

I got my tort from Sue, she is VERY clued and has been a wonderful help to me, she is the mod of another forum and also a big campaigner to get WC trade stopped,

#36 Guest_shootinglou79_*

Guest_shootinglou79_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Errrrmmmmmmmmmm need help on www.reptileforums.co.uk, seem to be gangin up on me ,,, wheres bloody T.T, when you nd him lol, by the way, the post has been moved to shelled posts!!!!!!

linzi-lou

1.1.0. hermann tortoises
0.1.0. spur thigh(med)tortoise

#37 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

not anymore all of the posts have been deleted from that forum aprt from the fisrt advert.

Guess th who arguements needs to start again !! lol

Round 2

Darren

#38 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

i tell a lie it has been moved to "shelled" as apose to clasifieds

Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users