- - - - -

t.rex uv or heat combined

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

Hi everyone new and shy,can anyone tell me what bulb is the best to get for my indoor enclosure,its 2ft6inches wide by 4ft5inches long.I have two 4 year old hermanns,i am not sure which is best to get, flood or spot.please help as its driving me nuts.

#2 Guest_Jo_Lo_*

Guest_Jo_Lo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hi

T-rex flood works for my torts try:

www.aquatics-online.co.uk

Very good service (my bulb arrived within 24hrs) and good price - free delivery over 50.

Take care Jo

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

I Agree with Joe 100w flood is best for an indoor table
Darren

#4 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hi and welcome, i am quite new on here also and can tell you that you will find this site a wealth of information.

As for the TREX UV/Heat Bulb they have them on offer at Pets Parade
www.petsparade.co.uk If you go onto the site and look in the reptiles section and you will find them there. Alot cheaper than any other site i have found.

Steve

#5 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:11 PM

Thanks steve,have found them on there and ordering now.

#6 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Thanks jo and darren, have found them at pets parade a bit cheaper with free delivery.Iam new to a computer and this forum (1 finger typer) ha ha .So hope this is how i reply many thanks karen.

#7 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hiya Weedy,
Welcome to the forum ;)

Yours
Calamity Jane :*
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises ;)
2.3.2 Hermanns

#8 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hiya thanks,:-) calamity jane its a brill forum for newbies like me.

#9 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

Hi,

Pleased you found them, i had just ordrered a spare from them about 5 mins before i noticed your post. To good a price to miss when some shops are selling them at over 60.00 plus delivery.

Steve

#10 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Ordered it just waiting for delivery now.Not sure how long for delivery, hope not too long as itching to get my two in new enclosure, in dare i say viv at mo.karen

#11 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hi Karen,

When i ordered my spare yesterday they said i would have it by wednesday, so would imagine yours will be the same.

Steve

#12 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:51 PM

Yes just read my e.mails the order will be here 15th yippeeeeeeee,my little darlings will soon be out of viv:-) karen.

#13 Guest_shootinglou79_*

Guest_shootinglou79_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:19 PM

great news karen hun.:7

linzi-lou

1.1.0. hermann tortoises
0.1.0. spur thigh(med)tortoise

#14 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

Thanks linzi-lou.karen

#15 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Hiya,

Just checking your light turned up ok today. Mine arrived with some other things i had ordered, but they did send me a couple of wrong items. Will have to phone them tomorrow.

Have you got an accurate thermometer fo setting up your new lamp?

Steve

#16 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

Steve I bought my trex flood from petsparade and the ceramic holder. The first lamp kept going off which was worrying. I phoned and told them and the chap dispatched another on that day, it was with me the next day, he told me to just send the other back by recorded delivery.
So I dont think you'll have any problem with them.

I dont find the trex lamp provides enough heat, with my set up I cant get it low enough as its over two torty boxes. It gives enought uvb for the two, I have 60watt spot bulbs in each box for extra heat. I have a reptile thermometer under each spot on the substrate so that I can raise or lower the bulb accordingly.

Viv

#17 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Hi Viv,

I had the same trouble with my other set up. I dont think its a problem with the light. I think they over heat when to close to the floor of your table, heat builds up in the reflector and this cuts them out. The only way around it is to raise the hight of the lamp which allows more air to circulate around it keeping it cooler. The down side to this is that you may require additional heat, hence the 60W spot you are using.

I use a digital inside and out themometer so i can measure the temp at both ends of the set up. They a really good as they have a memory function so you can recall the max and min temp during any 24 hours, from either end, which is ideal for finding out what the max temp drop has been during the night.

Steve

#18 Guest_cat33_*

Guest_cat33_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:38 AM

Hi,
Just wondering which thermometer it is that your using? I'm just in the process of getting my tort out of the viv, new trex bulb ordered and that and looking round for a thermometer.

Would sooner get one that someone is happy with!

Thanks

#19 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hi Steve, like Cat's question I'd be interested in that thermometer, do you have a link to it (the indoor/outdoor therm)? Is that what its called?

Thanks Viv

#20 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Ok guys hope this works, this should be the link

http://www.faunology...ome.php?cat=298.

Let me lnow if it does not work. in the mean time i will check at my local shop as the postage on the linked site is a bit expensive. If they sell them and it works out cheaper i could pick a couple up and post them to you myself.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users