- - - - -

t.rex uv or heat combined

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:46 PM

I use a digital max/min thermometer, not sure of the manufacturers name. They are about 15.00 and you can get them online. I will try and find a link for them tonight and post it on this thread.

I Like them because they monitor the temp at both ends of the set up.

Steve

#22 Guest_weedy_*

Guest_weedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:25 PM

Hi steve, yes lamp came and now set up, i have been monitoring the temp with the stat that sticks to the side of the viv it was reading 32 under the lamp which is 13 inches above basking slate and 21 in cooler end is this ok. Used a tiny piece of blue tack to stand it up to get readings. karen.

#23 Guest_groovy chick_*

Guest_groovy chick_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

Hey Everyone,
Im currently setting up my tortoise table for my tort which im getting in June, i've ordered the bulb mentioned above and was wondering do i have to get one of the strip lights aswell. :D

#24 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hi GC

If your getting the bulb mentioned in this thread you do not need the UV strip light. The TREX bulb produces both UV and heat. Depending on the setup and the background temp in your house you may have to add some additional heat by way of a normal spot lamp. Good to hear though that you getting prepared well in advance. It gives you the chance to try it all out before the tortoise arrives. Once your set up check your temperatures and see what they are like. If your not getting the right temp give us a shout and we can talk you through your options for additional heat.

Steve

#25 Guest_groovy chick_*

Guest_groovy chick_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

thanks alot for the reply, i can't help but get ready im sooo excited but Junes so far away:D :D

#26 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hi Karen,

Those temps are fine, pleased you got it all set up, your tort will be loving it.

Steve

#27 Guest_groovy chick_*

Guest_groovy chick_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

Hey Everyone,
Im currently setting up my tortoise table for my little one arriving in June. I have ordered one of the bulbs mentioned above (flood) and was wondering if anyone could tell me if i have to get one of the strip lights aswell

Cheers :D :D

#28 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hi GC

Check my reply from earlier today, you must have reposted as i was replying.

steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users