Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

HI TT your words are very true, and to the point.take care you joker

#62 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:09 AM

Just for the record My comments on my last post was nothing to do with tortle, ( Linda ) So If anyone is having a go at me GET LOST!! It was the post to do with xilin It was that post that got my back up!!!

QUOTE:
hi
mate i think it will be absoulately fine, because when i went to china on my holiday i thought it was very cheap there so i bought 1. then i got a new hatchling and stuck it in my pocket and bought it back and it was fine.(the tortoise was a horsfield.) but im sure it would work in a lougage aswell.

Linda, You sound like a caring person to me and If you wern't you wouldn't be doing a long trip, I wish you the best of Luck! :D

Yours
CJ
:D
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises
2.3.2 Hermann's

#63 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:27 PM

It's great here, isn't it? :-)

#64 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

:D Certainly is - not very good for the health of humans though LOL

#65 Guest_vale46_1_*

Guest_vale46_1_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-03-06 AT 07:35 PM (GMT)]Guys i think this thread has got way out of hand, i think alot of people have missed the point and it has gone way off topic to the point where you are all falling out to one degree or another.

First off the original post was seeking advice - well done should be applauded. For what its worth when the post mentions hand luggage i never read it as meaning putting the tort in a case with with your clothes and whatever else and then storing it in the overhead locker. I think what tortle meant was carrying the tortoise by hand on the flight in a suitable container as opposed to sticking it in a case and putting it in the hold.

The next point is we will all have opinions on the length of journey you subject a tortoise to. That is fine but dont fall out over differing opinions.

The topic then goes off onto the subject of imports. Well what i can say is this an imported tortoise is no less a tortoise than a uk captive bred tortoise. Yes with hindsight none of us would have contirbuted to what we all know now as a terrible trade in animals supported by dodgey paperwork. But life would be perfect with hindsight. Again i would far rather this forum was full of people with imports as at least we would know they are in the hands of people who care about them. So again we all share a common interest in the wealfair of these fantastic creatures.

Then there is the subject of the plank who has recently started to write nothing but rubbish on this site...to that i would say ignore the fool, and dont let his stupidity cause prblems between each other.

Finaly remeber why you all joined, you share a common interest and want the best for the animals that not only you keep as individuals but also the desire to help those who want your help in giving the best possible care to the animals they have.
Everyone on here has different levels of knowledge and experience, but all have something to contribute, those with little knowledge have come here to learn which should be encouraged and those with greater knowledge should encourage that.

I realise that i am fairly new here and maybe some would say i am speaking out of turn but remember this is about the wellbeing of our tortoises not a place to massage our own egos, we can all go and do that in the pub.

Steve

#66 Guest_Tomatillo_*

Guest_Tomatillo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

Very well put Steve.I for one agree with the points you have raised in your post .We all love our torts and try to make their lives the best we can -it is an ongoing learning process.
Kind Regards
Laura(Tomatillo)

#67 Guest_simo_*

Guest_simo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

I agree very well said. You should get a job in politics, you`ve said some very sensible points steve and every one of them true.
Steve.

#68 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

I agree also BUT all good families fight now and then...

As long as we don't have personal attacks, abuse, hecklers (Now gone) then you have to remember its a forum and people have the right to express a veiw which sometimes leads to handbags.

Regards

Mike

#69 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

You're a breath of fresh air, Steve. Thanks for setting out the situation so clearly and sympathetically!

Nina

#70 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

Steve, I hear there's a NATO peace-keeping role with your name on it :)

(Nobody mention the Balkans) :o

#71 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

george_hermann...I got to hand it to you, your good for a laugh...of coarse you are having a laugh arnt you, its just that I can see a smilely face an all, but I could just as easily get the "wrong end of the stick"...T.T.

#72 Guest_george_hermann_*

Guest_george_hermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-03-06 AT 09:53 PM (GMT)]It's a pity we can't have sound effects to indicate whether we're laughing or angry! (eg. "Guffaw!", "Chortle" or, that favourite amongst comic characters, "Graaaagghhh") :)

#73 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:17 PM

george_hermann snigger,snigger, please go to hermanns section, I have a little post for you with your name on it mate, chuckle,chuckle...T.T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users