Help im really worried...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

Thats great news Lisa. I`m sure hes going to be fine, take care Alex.

#22 Guest_Terence1_*

Guest_Terence1_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

Thanks Alex

Lisa x

#23 Guest_Andy1_*

Guest_Andy1_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

Im glad all looks well and it looks like a one off.

One of my stars was sick once , but it was all like clear saliva bubbles but lots of them , i saw the tortoise gagging and wreching before , it was very worrying , but within 30 mins it was feeding again.

Was It realy sick or was it clearing an obstruction from its throat or airway , i dont know , but in a real sense if the tortoises had been feeding well ( yours and mine) then if they had been realy sick would they then not had some of the food contents present in it , or is it possible they can have like a reflux of the sphincter muscle holding the stomach entrance closed.Or is this not possible in tortoises.

Andy

#24 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

Hi Lisa,
Thats Great news I am glad yor tort is feeling better, ;)

Yours
CJ
:P
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises
2.3.2 Hermann's

#25 Guest_tortoise_dude_*

Guest_tortoise_dude_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

I think the tort may have been eating its urates, or trying to get rid off the nutrabol.

#26 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

I agree - torts are very rarely just sick and then continue as normal. Actual vomiting is usually a sign of something far more serious such as poisoning, and this would have more than likely taken a much more sinister turn by now. I am sure he is fine.

#27 Guest_nelly_*

Guest_nelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

realy worried about shelly she was sick tonight it was definatly sick as we saw her doing at as she was eating a dandiloin leaf she only toof one nibble and white fluid came out her mouth shes has hardly eaten anything in the last two weeks she is on no supplyments at the mo as they only came today she is active walking around seems livly in her self what should we do ? think we brought a very poorly tortoise ;)

#28 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

How long have you had her Nelly, where from and do you have a reputable exotics vet lined up?
Sue

#29 Guest_nelly_*

Guest_nelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

we brought shelly two weeks ago from buyatortoise.info we have no idea of any vets who deal with tortoise in our area really worried we done everything right as far as we know shes in tortoise table has basking light and has uvb4 light tryed feeding her on dandiloin leafs bath her every other day have just brought nutrial and limeflour havnt used it yet only came today dont know what else to do ;) shes just to active for a tort who isnt eating

#30 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

Well firstly Buyatortoise is NOT a breeder he is a very dubious retile importer. Your tortoise will almost certainly be a wild caught tortoise from Slovenia. These people mke me sick - the sooner they are stopped the better. You absolutely MUST get your tortoise to the vet immediately, you must also contact Buyatortoise and tell him of your findings, not that it will make any difference but he needs to have complaints to show him how these torts are suffering.
Sue

#31 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:44 PM

Where do you live?
Sue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users