Signatures

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hi,

To all members, please can you remove the links from your signatures. I see some of you have opened your own forums and the links are very long, i do not want to see this on any signatures.

Please remove this from your signature, if i have to do it you will need a password reset, so to stop any inconvenience to you posting it would be easier for you to do it.

#2 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Hi Webmaster,

This is just a genuine question, so please don't think I'm being hostile in any way, but why is it necessary to remove the links from the signatures? I always find it interesting to see what else is out there and think it's good that people in the tort community let each other know what is available for them.

Nina

#3 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

Nina,

I have been happy with most of the signatures, but over the past few weeks its seems that everyone has gone out and built a free forum, not that i mind the competition, but the people that have set up these forums have little or no knowledge of tortoise keeping.

I am not saying that all members that have set up these free forum are the same, but at the end of the day i want the best for our tortoises and i think that just have a free forum out there on the web is not enough.

This is why i have asked for then to be removed.

#4 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Nina

#5 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:00 AM

the people that have set up these forums have little or no knowledge of tortoise keeping.

Wow Andy, thats some claim, i clicked on a signature just today from someone who has a lot of tortoise knowledge, a very well repected member.

#6 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:17 PM

Darren,

I am not saying all of the forums are being raised by inexperienced keepers, a lot of the forums are being done by valued members on this site and i do not have a problem with this type of signature.

The ones i have the problems with are the members that have just joined the site and decided to do their own forum. If they have only just joined this site with little or no input, how can they manage to do there own forum?

#7 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-04-06 AT 12:57 PM (GMT)]Well thats cool then, would it be an idea then to have the signatures you approve of moved to the links page of this site.

Darren

#8 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

Darren,

I would be happy with that, i not out to stop members having different forums, but at the same time i want to make sure the correct advice is given out to members of such forums.

It has taken this forum 6 years to get where it is today, the database is huge and has a vast amout of information, unlike the newer forums out there.

#9 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

OK thats good.

I have just seen i was the site 6th birthday at the begining of the month, what happened to the party !!!!

Darren

#10 Guest_ossypete_*

Guest_ossypete_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-04-06 AT 07:09 PM (GMT)][quote]

The ones i have the problems with are the members that have just joined the site and decided to do their own forum. If they have only just joined this site with little or no input, how can they manage to do there own forum? [/quote]

And not meaning to sound offhand here but how do you know these members have not been keeping tortoises for a long while and just choose not to add their input .?? I dont think the comment you made above personally is acceptable unless you know the people personally then i think it may be better to keep opinions like that to your self.

[/quote]

#11 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

So what if they have the experience, all i have asked is a simple question as the forum webmaster for members to remove the links from the signature, end of story.

#12 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

I've only noticed one forum in someones signature and this person is by no means inexperienced

1.0.2 Hermanns

#13 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:25 PM

Snore....

And the forum has fallen asleep....

Andy, get rid of your ego or this forum will be like the Livefood forum, just a pile of Tumbleweed.

Rupert.

#14 Guest_DCTORTOISES_*

Guest_DCTORTOISES_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:26 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-04-06 AT 01:27 PM (GMT)]please check the rating on this site
for livefood i believe it is ranked number 2

http://www.reptirank.com/

i would not say its gone to sleep

and as for this site it is not to bad either the webmaster runs this site so he say's what goes so why disrespect him like you are doing just go to the sites you prefer and keep to them then you woin't have to insult anyone else including the webmaster on here

#15 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:48 PM

Don't want to start an arguement here, but yes livefoods is a popular site for lizards and snakes but not for tortoises. I told alot of people on livefoods to come to this forum for advice and you said you would visit and replied with 'I've visited and won't be going back'.

#16 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-04-06 AT 03:30 PM (GMT)]Hi DC,

It was only a matter of time before you started!! Followed a few friends from Livefood when we left and now feel safe to oooze your rubbish!

It's not a case of abusing the webmaster but posting an opinion which guess what on this site is allowed.

Thanks for the reptile link! This is a tortoise forum unless you did not notice!

How's the closing down going? It was at least a month ago when you said everything had to be sold!

Are the EBAY sales going well?

Mike

#17 Guest_artie7_*

Guest_artie7_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

for the last two posts i agree livefoods isnt the same but its only because people from this site registered caused trouble ran to mods complained because they got stick then left if its soooo bad why do you keep going back i dont really care if i get removed from here i have been a member here for a long time not a poster but am sick and tired of a few 2 faced b******s whinging about the site i cant really cant keep my mouth shut any longer it gets on my whick and having the cheek to return there it just irratates me i have been a member there for a long time too but seeing you write posts being nice( 2 faced ) to people on the live foods forum annoys me to the core the livefoods forum might not be as good for advice on tort keeping according to some but we will never beat the arse licking that goes on by a few on here NOT ALL (PIGLET AND A FEW OTHERS I KNOW FROM THERE I HAVE RESPECT FOR) BUT AS FAR AS RUPERT THE DOG BLONDE SARAH to name a few YOU ARE A BUNCH OF KNOW IT ALLS WELL YOU THINK YOU ARE lots and lots of love ****

#18 Guest_rupert_the_dog_*

Guest_rupert_the_dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

Hi All,

I do apologise for this little out burst as it was my ill advised post that started it.

I do not know Artie and have no idea what he is on about to be honest. I still use Livefood and post there on occasion but overtime I do someone always posts after me in a very negative fashion so I tend to just read on that site.
My point about Livefood is that a once thriving tortoise forum is pretty much dead. Why did people stop using that forum?

I speak my mind and sometimes I should hold fire before hitting the enter button! What you see is what you get and I certainly only have one persona.

Cheers

Mike

#19 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

Livefoods has gone down hill because there is a certain someone on there. This certain someone is banned from most tortoise forums because of being a dealer. I do post on livefoods still to give people good advice.

#20 Guest_artie7_*

Guest_artie7_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

that certain someone wouldnt happen to be dc tortoises????? who has been a member of livefoods a lot longer than you all so how has he brought the forum down no it was you and a couple of others from here who brought the forum down as i remember this 1 poor bloke it was his 1st post asked a simple question simple to experianced keepers yes but to a neewbie so he asked for advice and you all went down his neck contradicted all he thought and just cause he took the good advice from dc you went in a right one i had to go to the mods because of the posts under belt comments and even they thought it was pathetic and removed it i dont know what you all have it in for dc for give him a break its beyond a joke you sit there and slag him and then are all nicey nicey to him on livefoods "no problem dean glad i could help" makes me cringe talk about 2 faced 50 faced more like

SORRY TO THE WEBMASTER AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BUT IT NEEDED TO BE SAID

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users