- - - - -

Godzilla%27s escaped

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:54 PM

A couple of years ago one of my Hermanns escaped. He was about 3 at the time. We think somebody found him and took him across to the Isle of Wight (I live on the South coast). From there a little girl found him wondering down a street and gave him to a tortoise owner she knew. The lady couldn't look after him because he was so ill and so sent him back to the main land, to her friend who worked with Marwell Zoo and had lots of tortoises. She took him to the vets who scanned him and discovered he belonged to me. This whole process took about 18months for me to get him back but it just shows you can never give up hope because you don't know where your tort will turn up. Best of luck, he's probably playing hide and seek ;)

#22 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hi Jadums,

That's an amazing story! Did your tort recover from the illness and is he OK now? What a remarkable journey he had.

Nina

#23 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Yes he's fine now. He had badly chipped the back of his shell somehow and still has the fibre glass on it. Although it was about 3 or 4 years ago now he has still only put on 100g compared to my other tort who has shot ahead in size. However, he is eating well and has no other health problems. ;) hardy little creatures :D

#24 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

Oh, that's lovely. He's obviously a real survivor!

Nina

#25 Guest_Terence1_*

Guest_Terence1_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

Hi Beth,

i was just wondering if you have any news on Godzilla??

#26 Guest_l1277702_*

Guest_l1277702_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hi.

Still no news on Godzilla, unfortunately.:D Not given up hope yet though. You'll be the first to know if I find her!;)

Beth xxx

#27 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

Fingers still crossed, Beth, and we're all thinking of you.

Nina

#28 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

just seen this Beth
hope you find Godzilla soon ...have you tried putting posters up so say you have lost her , somebody near you may have got her

Emma

#29 Guest_l1277702_*

Guest_l1277702_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:20 PM

Hi again,

We've got posters up already, on lamposts and in the vets and the post office etc. Just stopped short of sticking them on neighbourhood children! Just reread the posts, and saw JMS's post about spraying the earth with water. What would that do? I'm willing to give anything a try, but I need to know what I'm looking for when I do it. Will she come out to drink, or come out because her 'bed' is getting wet? Thanks.

Beth and franklin xxx

#30 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:35 AM

i do hope you find her soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users