poor clyde

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_saintblck_*

Guest_saintblck_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

Hi I've had clyde for well over 35 yrs and he has always been well. But today he has a large lump on his back leg just above his knee. There is no wound and no blood. His upper leg near his thigh is very red as though there is blood just under the skin any ideas

#2 Guest_hannah ellis_*

Guest_hannah ellis_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

you have had him for 35 years with no problems ,"thats great".I have not had my tortoise very long but if it was me i would get him to a vet.It could be causing him a lot of pain.If we got up and found a lump on us and did not know what it was we would go to the gp.It could very well be a infection of some sort from the inside as there is no wound or blood.may be a ##### lump.
i hope all goes well
best wishes
hannah :-)

#3 Guest_hannah ellis_*

Guest_hannah ellis_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

its me again ,please let us know what happens? the lump may have puss in it .
hannah

#4 Guest_alberts_owner_*

Guest_alberts_owner_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

if that was a human patient with the same symptoms - i would be WISHING TO rule out DVT, cellulitis, phlebitis and abscess. it sounds inflamed and i would want some painkillers and antibiotics for my human patient. but i noooooo idea what happens to sick tortoises!

#5 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:12 PM

I would go to the vets, it could either be an abcess or a diseased bone, Lets hope it's an abcess which can be easily removed a diseased bone means amputation,
I wouldn't mess about and unfortuantely you've found it at a bank holiday, so I would try to get him seen by a good vet tomorrow if you can
Arnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users