Vets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tilly_2_*

Guest_tilly_2_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

I live in te North Merseyside area, can anyone recommend a good vet for a herman tortoise and what is the best food to feed them?

#2 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:44 AM

Hi Tilly,

Go to www.tortoises.net for a full and comprehensive wild food list for torts, you can also buy a seed mix called herbiseed direct from this site for growing wild weeds and flowers for torts which are over wintered. Highly recommended. Soz live in Newcastle, cant help with vet lol.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jo xxx}>

#3 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

Hi Tilly 2.
I dont know what part of Liverpool you live but the best reptile vet around is
ARK VETERINARY CENTRE
UNIT 17 WOODSEND IND ESTATE
WOODSEND AVENUE.
LIVERPOOL
L24 9NB
PHONE NO 0151486 6999 It is just off speke boulevard

We live in Warrington,and three years ago I was advised to take our Tilly(40+) to them ,as when we got her she was very poorly due to neglect ect.which we did and he saved her life and the advise we were given now means that our Tilly is really fit and well and is ready for another 40+ years.Regards, Bob

#4 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

Tilly,

Thanks for the Vet, are you happy for me to add the details to the vets page so that others can see the details for future use?

#5 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

Hi Andy
Sorry I have not answered sooner (PC problems)
I Would would be most pleased if you added ARK VETS to you Vet list.
Regards Bob (Tilly) :)

#6 Guest_tony_*

Guest_tony_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-02-05 AT 08:44 PM (GMT)]hi there
I cant help u where the vets are concerned,but i would advice you to buy some herbiseed from www.tortoise.net it is 10 per 100g and uaually it takes 4 wks to grow.Also i do sometimes mix it with the salad selection called ROCKET.I always sprinkle VIONATE or DISED EGG SHELL.ICEBERG is a NO NO.
I hoope this does help u
Craig:)

#7 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:51 AM

Just to let you all know i have now added this vet to the "listof vets" section of the website. If you have any further Vets you would like adding, please feel free to drop me an email.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users