• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

hello I have posted this message once but cannot see it anywhere
So here it is again

MY WIFE AND MYSELF STAYED AT A LOVELY FARM IN PARC LLANDYFRYDOG ANGLESEY 3 WEEKS AGO STARTING ON THE 11thSEP, WHICH WE TOOK OUR PET TORTOISE TILLY (about 40) WHICH WE HAVE HAD FOR YEARS,BUT ON FRIDAY AT 4.45 pm 15th SEP, COMPLETLY OUT OF CHARACTER SHE WANDERED OF INTO THE THICK GRASS AND IN SPITE OF INTENTIVE SEARCHING SHE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE. YOU CANNOT IMAGINE THE SORROW AND HEARTBREAK MY WIFE AND MYSELF FELT (WE ARE PENSIONERS) DRIVING AWAY ON SAT MORNING 16th SEP NOT KNOWING WHERE OUR TILLY WAS AND IF WAS SHE SAFE, AND NOW WE ARE NOW 100 MILE AWAY ,SO PLEASE IF ANY BODY CONTACTS YOU IN REGARDS TO OUR TILLY FROM THAT AREA OR ROUNDABOUT WHERE SHE WENT MISSING ,PLEASE INFORM US THERE IS A REWARD IF SHE IS FOUND. BOB & WIN CHRISTIE ,01925821071 E-MAIL ROBERTCHRISTIE990@BTINTERNET.COM

Regards
Bob & Win Christie (MEMBERS)

:( :( :( :(

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hello Both
She probably has gone down for the Winter and you won't see anything of her till it turns warm next Spring.
My Suggestion is that you contact the local papers and put your plight to them, explain that she may have hibernated so if nothing is seen now, would they keep a watch out for her next Spring when it's warm.
I would also contact any local police station and the RSPCA for that area,
Print that lovely photo and send it to any shops in the area and ask how much it would cost to keep them in the window at least till next May, If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.
Arnie

#3 Guest_pixiemoon_*

Guest_pixiemoon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

oh and please DO let us know if you find her,shes beautiful and i really have my fingers crossed for you.Arnies suggestions are brilliant-the local papers there will run that story,just a couple of weeks ago in my town owners were reunited with their lost tortoise through the paper and someone enquiring in a petshop what a found tortoise should be fed on.

#4 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

Hello Pixiemoon
Thank you for your reply and heartfelt comments they were very much appreciated,it is just a matter of waiting and not knowing that hurts ,but we are living in hopes that one day she will return to us.
Regards Bob and Win

#5 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hello Arnie
Thank you for your reply and welcome comments ,we did contact the Police /Papers /RSPCA / We also put out an appeal on Radio Wales 123.and the Holyhead Banger Angelsey Mail did a article on Tilly being missing ,we offered a Reward on both the Radio and the paper. and also put a reward offer in the lost and found in the Mail,we also contacted all the vets on Angelsey who said they would put notices in there waiting rooms.The one thing we never thought about was the local shops (thanks for the suggestion)We are going back to Angelsey next week now ,armed with postcards with our Tillys picture on it to put in the local shops/librarys /garages ect
So thanks again Arnie
Best REGARDS
Bob and Win

#6 Guest_butterkiss_*

Guest_butterkiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:11 AM

I am sorry to hear of your loss, i really do know what you are going through. When i had lost mine i was given this number and email of this chap;- John Haywoods e-mail is jh@ntr.supanet.com or his telephone number is 07802 404929 but the quicker you contact him the better.with your log number from the police and he has contacts country wide as he finds stolen and lost tortoises for the BCG. Also i put an ad in the sun on line. this is free and it covers the region that she is in.
Fortunatley, she was found in a garden up the road where people were relovating a house before they had moved in, she was missing for 9 weeks. Good luck and let us know how you get on in your search.
Try not to worry to much they are pretty hardy,lovely photo by the way.

Nikki:-(

#7 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

Hello Nikki
Thank you for your reply and comments they were most welcome ,Also thanks for the info regarding John Haywood and the Sun news paper I will be contacting them soon,
We were pleased you got your tortoise back safe and sound after 9 weeks I bet you could not believe it,it has given us more hope that one day our Tilly will return.
Glad you liked the picture .
Bob and Win.

#8 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hi there

just wishing you all the best in your search. I lost a little tortoise in my garden and it was only for 48 hours, I was worried sick and searching about in the middle of the night with a torch and I could hardly sleep. I also kept checking the outdoor temperature and the weather forcasting. I was lucky and found the wee chap, he was half buried in mud and had retreated into his shell so was barely visible, and had been out in the cold and rain all that time but was fine after a bath and a warm up. That was just yesterday!

Jonathan

#9 Guest_Jo_1984_*

Guest_Jo_1984_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hiya, there are sometimes lost/found tortoises put on this site:
http://www.slowcoach.org.uk
Good luck, hope you find her,
Jo x

#10 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

Bob and Win, I have posted this on this site for you, hope it's of some help..the locals will be able to read it and hopefully she may have already been found and taken to a vets or an animal sanctuary. All the best. Here is a link to the site..keep looking as someone might know something and post it on there.

http://www.askyourne...cid=0&qid=87441

#11 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hello Simon
Thank you for posting our Plea in regards to our Tilly being missing
it was very kind of you and much appreciated ,I am sure that with all the kind word and sound advice we have recieved our Tilly will one day return to us.
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ,
Regards
Bob and Win

#12 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hello Jo,
Thank you for the Web page you posted to me.
I have posted a lost add on one of the links .
We do really apprecate the advise given and it is one more path to take in finding our poor Tilly.
Regards
Bob and Win.

#13 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hello Jonathan.
Thanks for your comment ect about our Tilly ,they are all a great comfort to my wife and myself.we were pleased that you found your little one and that he is now safe and warm,We are still hoping that through all the kind words and advice from everybody that she will return to us safe and well.
Regards Bob and Win

#14 Guest_craig_p72_*

Guest_craig_p72_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

Hi Bob and Win,
Just a short note to wish you the best on finding your tortoise. Another proved successful method is to use a dog to find the missing tort, obviously they can follow their noses, im sure if you do have a family dog then they will recognise the scent. However i have it on good authority that unfamiliar dogs are also of good use in the search.
Again, my thoughts are with you in the hope that you will be re-united.

Kindest regards
craig

#15 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hello Craig
Thanks for your concern and idea about finding our Tilly.
We have not got a dog ,but the farm where she went missing have a Lassie Collie which the owner now take it for its daily walks around the area that Tilly might be ,but uptill now no luck.
Thanks again Craig it is apprecated
Regards Boband Win

#16 Guest_butterkiss_*

Guest_butterkiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:35 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-10-06 AT 05:35 PM (GMT)]Any news yet about Tilly , still thinking of you and you family, take care , dont worry ,

Nikki:(

#17 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

Hello All
Just to let you know that we have still not found our poor little Tilly.We all went back to Anglesey on Wed and took our daughters alsation to look for her ,but the weather was shocking ,it rained all day and went very dark about 2.30pm so we could not spend as much time looking for her as we would have liked ,but we managed to deliver the posters in the school etc..see attachment
I think what we need to do now is to return to Angelsey when the weather gets warmer ie March/ April to see if we can find her when she comes out of hibernation.,I would just like to say a very sincere thank you to all the very kind people who have shown concern and offered advice and have sent heart felt messages re Tilly's safety etc they really did help my wife and myself
Regards Bob and Win

#18 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hi Bob and Win,

That's a really nice poster, and we're all keeping our fingers crossed that she turns up in the Spring. Is the garden where Tilly went missing escape proof? It's almost certain that she has dug down now and will have a nice hibernation until you come to find her next year. Do keep us posted.
Nina

#19 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hello Nina
Glad you liked the poster ,it was done for us by a lady on a wonderful website
www.alfieslostterriers.com ,please visit the site there are lots of letters etc about our Tilly.
Unfortunatly it was not a garden where Tilly went missing it was a large paddock on a farm,so there were no fences as such just fields so it was not excape proof
Regards Bob and Win

#20 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hello Both
That is a really good poster and I'm sure will help.
Tilly is safely under ground conntent in her hibernation set up, I'm sure, and will be up next April/May time, wondering where you are.
I've got a good feeling and I'm sure she will be back with you next year.
I saw some collapsable dog pens the other day and thought, that's what Tilly's owners need when they take her on holiday again, that will stop the little madam wandering off, she might not like it :-) but at least you won't go through this worry again
I'm sure all of us here wish you well and wishing for a wonderful reunion.
Please let us know next year won't you
Arenie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users