- - - - -

LOST

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

If it was my tortoise I would be out looking for him/her everyday, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night for worrying. I hope you find her.

#22 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

Hello Simon,
So would we ,but unfortunately she was lost in Angelsey which is 120 mile away and that is what is so heart breaking knowing she is so far away and it seems that we are doing nothing to find her.
Regards Bob and Win.
PS we dont sleep very well at night now.

#23 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

Could you not hire a pet detective or pay someone to spend a week there just looking for her.

#24 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hello Arenie
Glad you liked the posters(please see reply to Nina)
We also feel like you that she is safe somewhere and will return to us maybe in the spring (please God)
The dog pens sound good and we would certainly get one if she returns .but we never in a million years thought that we would ever loose her as she is never out of our sights even at home in her very secure garden,then 20 sec lack of concentration and shes gone .
Thanks for all your comments
Regards Bob and Win

#25 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Could you not hire a pet detective or pay someone to spend a week there just looking for her.

#26 Guest_victor22_*

Guest_victor22_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

If she has gone to ground and she isn't found this autumn, it may be worth putting up another poster when the area gets a warm spell in the spring. I do hope you get her back.

#27 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Hello Victor
Thanks for your interest in our Tilly if you go to letter 16 you will see that great minds think alike as that is what we had decided to do.I hope it works,
Regards
Bob and Win

#28 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hello Simon
Thanks for the idea of a pet detective, dont know where we would find one and if we did ,I dont think we could afford one.Our Familys have been spending time looking for her but we now feel that she will be well hidden in the thick undergrowth and she will not emerge until spring.
Regards Bob and Win

#29 Guest_victor22_*

Guest_victor22_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:15 PM

I was reading today on the BBC website ( obviously posted some time ago) about a tortoise that was lost in the autumn and found the following spring, so keep your hopes up.

#30 Guest_tilly_*

Guest_tilly_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

Hello Victor ,
Sorry for delay in reply.
That does give a little hope,you just never know .??

Just to let everbody know that a lady posted our Tilly on a webe site on Angelsey very near to where she went missing and we received a phone call from a man saying he lives near to the farm where we stayed
and is going to get a few friends etc to put out posters and call round to people asking them to look out for Tilly,so lets hope something becomes of it.Bob

#31 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

That's great news, Bob. Keep us posted - I think about Tilly lots and hope she is snug underground in hibernation during this cold weather.

Nina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users