Poorly daisy may

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

Hi

He did sound a bit worried on the ohone but i told him id email you and pass the message on. Dont worry, we all have days like that. Im having a mad one today too haha.

Annette :);-)

#42 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

That's a good idea Liz, I don't normally approve of the pellets and thought Annette had already got some, but her torts appetite seems to be picking up :-)
As for your little one what a lobvely tortoise, but sorry can I have a little moan. Next time will you buy the tort, water cress not salad cress, i'll try to find out, but there is a reason for not giving salad cress to torts.
Arnie

#43 Guest_zenbird_*

Guest_zenbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

Hi Arnie,

I won't be giving him cress again ~ he didn't like it anyway.

I did buy some cress and alfalpa seeds to set myself but couldn't get them to germinate so my hubby decided to go buy some!!

Since then the alfalfa have grown, but fussy Owen doesn't like them either.

I have finaly had some success with weed seed from the T-Lady.

(I did think that I'd manage to grow cress tho.)

Lastly, Arnie, thank you for all your little 'moans' - it's very much appreciated. It's said that we all learn from our mistakes but I'd rather not learn at Owens expense.

Thanks again,

#44 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

Hi Annette
If she is starting to eat then I wouldn't worry about the pellets, But oh dear her diet is going from bad to worse with broccoli and swede, please try to mix some thing that is good for her in the diet too.
I would hold back with the worming, lets get her lungs cleared up first, they can and do live with worms, it's when they start passing them and vomitting them up that they show they are overloaded with them, give her a few weeks to recover from this ordeal, say after the New Year, which is only a month away.
The white stuff she has passed is called Urates and it's good it is creamy and runny, at least that part is working ok :-)
Arnie

#45 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hi Arnie

Wondered if you were ok as hadnt heard from you. I panic when you dont message as you are my mentor haha.

Im really trying with daisy and her diet. She did have part of a dandelion leaf at lunchtime which was a challenge. I dont feed her after lunchtimes so food doesnt sit in her tummy.
Will keep trying with some greens tomorrow morning. I will be more strict with the diet, i just want her 100% well before i do so.
Any suggestions with greens? Ive tried romaine lettuce, water cress and dand leaves and she really isnt fussed.

Annette :)

#46 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-11-06 AT 04:44 PM (GMT)]Hello Annette
I can only add the Floretti CRISPY salad bag to what you are giving her, just keep trying she is getting there.
I would sooner you give her cooked carrot than swede though :-)
Arnie

#47 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

Hi Boss

She likes carrot as i tried that so will use that if the greens dont work.
Thanks again (as usual)
Think i will start calling you the oracle haha

#48 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

A lot of torts go through this phase of not wanting to eat whats good for them, but you just have to persevere, just give them weeds and in the end they do eat them. It took 6 weeks before my horsfield to eat them, I was at my wits end as he would not eat anything, but he loves them now, his fav being dandilion flowers.

As for the cress, you should avoid the salad cress as it is not watercress at all but a sprouted rape seed which is a member of the brassica family and best avoided (high in oxalic acid).
Carrot should also only be given in small amounts too.

Vivienne

#49 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

Thanks Vivienne
Yes I agree about the diet but as she is so poorly I think Annette feels happier just giving what she will eat at the moment, once she has recovered and is on the mend, I've told her she must get her on the sraight and narrow again
Thanks for the info on the salad cress, I knew it was wrong but dammed if I could remember why, it's the old brain it can't react like it used too
Plus I am sending out all these tortoise calendars, I don't count sheep at night I count tortoises going into envelopes
Arnie

#50 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hi Guys

Ive only ever use water cress, thats different from salad cress right? They are medium sized leaves. Are you thinking of the little salsd cress that Liz had in her pic? I havent used that.
I got her to eat some carott and a little romaine lettuce today. I put a tiny winy bit of tort food on some weeds and she ate that so thats good. Its her last jab tomorrow to after the weekend she should be more normal so i will then ditch the tort food etc and be strict with her. Just want the antibiotics finished before i get harsher.

Is that what you do for a job Arnie?

#51 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:50 AM

Right Arnie, please keep a look out for my calendar, hope it arrives this weekend!!!!

Vivienne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users